grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Yeah well the comedy in pixels is obviously aimed at a certain audience and if you don't find it funny it's because you don't get it. No I'm not saying that to be pretentious it's just the truth. If you don't get the comedy in pixels you don't really know much about the era. So that can also be blamed on the filmmakers I guess. But I will never change my tune about critics they don't know anything more than what you and I do.

I don't think Sandler comedy can go over anyone's head. The guy acts like a child.

This weekend is killing my insides. What a boring ass weekend. I blame Sandler.

Don't just blame Sandler, it is a confluence of factors, Sandler's current rep hurting Pixels, Ant-Man not breaking out big, Paper Towns playing like a third cousin of FIOS, Southpaw playing like Rocky-lite-lite and Minions playing exactly like DM2. 

Not to mention Pan moving off this weekend, and if we go back in time BvS moving off last weekend. 

All things came together to make this weekend a deathly boring one.

Edited by grim22
  • Like 1

Low RT score ≠ bad movie

While, I've seen plenty of fresh rated movies that are pretty bland or bad, there aren't many rotten movies that Id find much more than decent to pretty good (and they're usually in the 50s).

And I've yet to find a very low RT score movie that's anything more than passable.

While technically, no RT doesn't determine quality, it is a very good indicator of a movies quality if you're trying to figure out what to watch. (I won't necessarily agree completely with a score, I'll like a 70s more than 90s for example, but I'll usually still end up liking both the certified fresh movies). It's much more trustworthy for me than taking a single individual's opinion entirely.

• Like 3

Don't just blame Sandler, it is a confluence of factors, Sandler's current rep hurting Pixels, Ant-Man not breaking out big, Paper Towns playing like a third cousin of FIOS, Southpaw playing like Rocky-lite-lite and Minions playing exactly like DM2. 

Not to mention Pan moving off this weekend, and if we go back in time BvS moving off last weekend. 

All things came together to make this weekend a deathly boring one.

Pan was gonna tank anyway :lol: 

We don't even have Southpaw numbers yet. Either way it won't save the weekend.

Sandler might need to join True Detective.

I want to see the Inglorious Basterds in which Sandler decided to play the Bear Jew. I have a feeling that could have been amazing, especially seeing the buildup to the reveal, then seeing Sandler come out and play completely against type. May have earned himself a few accolades with that.

• Like 5

Sandler might need to join True Detective.

Adam Sandler, Kevin James, Ray Liotta, Andy Garcia and Brendan Fraser as the leads of True Detective season 3. My head just exploded.

• Like 3

I want to see the Inglorious Basterds in which Sandler decided to play the Bear Jew. I have a feeling that could have been amazing, especially seeing the buildup to the reveal, then seeing Sandler come out and play completely against type. May have earned himself a few accolades with that.

he might be considered by circles as anti-semitic(although he's Jewish) so it would probably hurt him