grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

Baumer liked Pixels?! Uggggh! !!

Baumer has very unusual tastes at time.

I think the guy who said that Baumer would like ANYTHING with a lot of 80's pop culture references probably had it right.

I think any chance of Pixels being a huge hit with franchise potential (though I could debate the frenchise potential) pretty much died when the decision was made to make into a Adam Sandler  starring vehicle, given Sandler's unpopularity among movie goers. He has his fans,yes, but also has a lot of people who will avoid a Sandler film.

Edited by dudalb

Mortal Kombat, Tomb Raider, Pokemon: The First Movie (especially for an anime movie) are three that did quite well, off the top of my head.

And if Pixels is a video-game movie, then Wreck-It-Ralph counts as well, and that did quite well, obviously

Yeah,but for every video game movie that is a sucess there are two or three that flop badly.Not a very good track record.

It will be interesting to see how Warcraft does next year,since that is one video game movie that the studio is putting really big bucks into.

Baumer has very unusual tastes at time.

I think the guy who said that Baumer would like ANYTHING with a lot of 80's pop culture references probably had it right.

I think any chance of Pixels being a huge hit with franchise potential (though I could debate that) pretty much died when the decision was made to make into a Adam Sandler  starring vehicle, given Sandler's unpopularity among movie goers. He has his fans,yes, but also has a lot of people who will avoid a Sandler film.

Sandler's company had the rights and took the project to Sony, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Ant Man will hit $170M domestic.

About what CA:FA did in 2011.

Agree?

150-155M if the 26M weekend holds. It loses all IMAX screens next weekend to a potential 70M opener.

Edited by grim22

These numbers are pretty disappointing all around if they hold. 10M Friday (8.5M "true" Friday) will most likely get Pixels to around 25-27M, Variety has Ant-Man at 26M, Minions at 21M. When the most optimistic number for a #1 movie is 27M, it is a pretty sleepy weekend for sure.

I know this has been beaten to death but it really truly shocks me that so many people including people here put all of their eggs in one basket when it comes to critics opinions. You read a critic's opinion and you right away assume that their opinion is going to match yours. I don't get that and I never will. Go make up your own minds.

• Like 10

I know this has been beaten to death but it really truly shocks me that so many people including people here put all of their eggs in one basket when it comes to critics opinions. You read a critic's opinion and you right away assume that their opinion is going to match yours. I don't get that and I never will. Go make up your own minds.

Exactly this.

It's really annoying as I was planning to see pixels with all my friends next month when it opened in the uk but now no one wants to go apart from me because of the reviews

I will when it hits the dollar theater