grim22

Cruddy Weekend Estimates: A-M 24.77m, Pix 24m, Minions 22m, Trainwreck 17.2m, Southpaw 16.5m, PT 12.5m,

JW has given me the best phrase to describe my opinion on 4D (and really, 3D too): "Wow enough."

I sit down to watch a movie on a big screen with surround sound, that's enough for me. IMAX is enough "plus" for me.

Eventually, the attempts to further immerse me cross the threshold of taking me OUT of the movie again. 3D, 4D, HFR, even Dolby Atmos is unnecessary to me. I saw some movies in Atmos in 2013, and I literally could not detect the extra surrounds. So I stopped seeking out Atmos and went back to regular 7.1.

I'm sure it had just as much impact as the Aurora CO. Shooting, despite that being more of a body count and running on the news 24/7 when that happened.. I turned on FOX News just now and no sign or mention of it.. There talking about TRUMP.. A movie called ANT-MAN is not exactly one that will grab the attention of the average moviegoer.. Most likely, it'll make up for it on DVD/Blu-Ray.. The next hit MARVEL will have will be CIVIL WAR.. Plain and simple.. They can afford to have a movie doing lackluster numbers$$$

I know they can, but I want an Ant-Man 2.  :unsure:

Yeah, because no one would want to get out in the heat to go sit in an air conditioned theatre.. :popcorn:

Yeah, I'd think the same as you, but I always read about how when there's a heat wave somewhere in Europe, moviegoing tanks. They don't pay a bunch of money to sit in an air conditioned room, I guess they either stay inside or maybe they go to the beach? It seems like the days of air conditioning being an incentive to go to the movies are long past.

Edited by TServo2049

Yeah, I'd think the same as you, but I always read about how when there's a heat wave somewhere in Europe, moviegoing tanks. They don't pay a bunch of money to sit in an air conditioned room, I guess they either stay inside or maybe they go to the beach? It seems like the days of air conditioning being an incentive to go to the movies are long past.

Sun in the UK is anathema to cinema attendance. Hot weather's so rare here the idea of sitting in a dark room is ludicrous to many.

At this point it may depend on how he's received in the ensemble movies. Mind you, they still haven't resulted in Hulk or Black Widow solo outings.

Exactly. 

Edited by Kalo

The DOM box office is fucking crumbling. That Ant-Man number makes me sick, Trainwreck not having a good hold either, Minions is disappearing fast, Paper Towns having some lol worthy results, Pixels should just be named The End of Sandler's Career and Southpaw with a better than expected OD but not enough to save the weekend.

• Like 1

The DOM box office is fucking crumbling. That Ant-Man number makes me sick, Trainwreck not having a good hold either, Minions is disappearing fast, Paper Towns having some lol worthy results, Pixels should just be named The End of Sandler's Career and Southpaw with a better than expected OD but not enough to save the weekend.

I wouldn't go that far, every is just broke after seeing JW 10x a piece. and saving their money for MJ2 and SW7.

• Like 1

It'll go to MARVEL Netflix like with DAREDEVIL..

the Ant-man shrinking visuals are  too expensive for tv. I mean he's still going to be in CW, and Most Likely IW part 1 and 2. and even if it were successful they may not have room to release a sequel before then anyways.  

• Like 1

Wanna know whats random, but extremely funny? Pixels, a summer tentpole blockbuster with recognizable stars and flashy, nostalgic animations...is about to open lower than BEVERLY HILLS CHIHUAHUA, even with 3D and inflation. LOL.

Man, fuck this weekend.

• Like 4