kayumanggi

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS | 3.8M (including previews) VACATION | 3M ANT-MAN | 2.8M MINIONS | 2.35 M PIXELS. Will Tom Cruise save summer?

Is My Little Pony a TV-Series? The pic looks a bit strange, not 100% sure, if that is another 'joke'.

Meant like a Scaper for Farscape, Browncoat for Firefly, Fiver or (some) Zocalos for Babylon 5?

It's a TV show and a really old line of toys.

Something only little girls and middle aged Bronies know about.

Consider it a compliment you have no idea what I'm talking about.

It's this tv show aimed at little girls that has this weird fan base not made up of little girls henceforth...jokes!

And you are correct...that pic is indeed strange.

Edited by kowhite

It's a TV show and a really old line of toys.

Consider it a compliment you have no idea what I'm talking about..

You got me curious, so I looked it up

...which have been produced since 1983 ....

1983 is 'really old' for a series of whatever? Wow....

Example of what I might call an old toy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teddy_bear

Hoops are in my POV 'really old' toys

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoop_rolling

Hoop rolling has been documented since antiquity in Africa, Asia and Europe. Played as a target game it is an ancient tradition among widely dispersed aboriginal societies. In Asia, the earliest records date from Ancient China, and in Europe from Ancient Greece.

Can't accept the compliment for two reasons: not even sure, if it is that big / known here, and:

You are aware about me being (probably way) older than Tele,...? Like I started to work in the '70....? Means I wasn't a 'girl' in '83 :P

But I wouldn't have watched that as a girl anyway, my tastes run from early on more for movies/books not meant for children and documentaries (as a child = history and technology :wub: , now others too) and a few early Sci-Fi series...

Never played with dolls neither, but with Lego...

Never read typical children literature and especially not the typical girl's versions like 'horse-girl-'adventure'-stories'... still can't stand - and mostly even hate - romance books/movies....

I'm not the oldest user here, but it's possible I'm the oldest female. Still a history and technology fan.... ;)

Making Vacation an R-rated "adult" film was probably a mistake. I think if today's young people are familiar with the franchise, it's more likely because of Christmas Vacation, which is aired ad nauseum during the holidays and, despite some raunchy humor, is widely consider a Modern Holiday Family Classic.  To try to return to the original's R-rated roots doesn't capitalize at all on the beloved status of the franchise's Christmas film.

I wonder how much that Scientology doc will end up hurting Tom's closeted ass at the box office. Hopefully not too much. 

I wonder how much of this Christianty stuff will hurt every other actor at the box office?