kayumanggi

WEDNESDAY NUMBERS | 3.8M (including previews) VACATION | 3M ANT-MAN | 2.8M MINIONS | 2.35 M PIXELS. Will Tom Cruise save summer?

So JW IO and Minions are going to be the only three films to do exceptionally well this summer.

That sux.

PP2 did exceptionally well. It didn't have good legs but like Minions its opening is so big the legs are kinda irrelevant (I'd also argue given all the factors at play Fury Road and Trainwreck were quite impressive, obviously less so). JW and IO are the only movies that came in with HUGE interest and didn't disappoint audiences. 

3.8 for Vacation is abysmal. That's 25% down from Let's Be Cops. 

Edited by Gopher
  • Like 5

The only thing I remember anyone talking about pertaining to Vacation is Chris Hemsworth's fake penis.  Can't say I'm that surprised that it's performing poorly.

There seem to be a lot of movies coming out this summer that would have been better suited for different dates on the release calendar.

I wonder how much that Scientology doc will end up hurting Tom's closeted ass at the box office. Hopefully not too much. 

for me i don' care of his scientology stuff and so... it's his problem if he is doing good film i will always love him.

We must enjoy this movie star for his acting not for his personal life. :)

• Like 1

So JW IO and Minions are going to be the only three films to do exceptionally well this summer.

That sux.

Still, the year overall has been fantastic. Five films over $300 million, with two more on the way (maybe three but I doubt Spectre will top Skyfall). Add in AS also making over $300 million in this year and it's pretty crazy.

• Like 1