CJohn

Bad Boys: Ride or Die | June 7, 2024

7 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Not really directed at you but the focus and concern about the CS is getting a little overblown, The biggest grossing movie of the summer and the only one to cross 100 million Apes  had a B CS.

It is not to highlight important of CS, it is merely pointing the irregular pattern of CS, as compared to other exit polls. 

• Really enjoyed this but for me it's a step down from For Life. It is not paced nearly as well. The first half hour of this is rough.  I do not think there is anything that can even be called a action sequence to like 40 minutes in. It was the same with For Life but a much better paced 40 minutes.  From minute 40 on they are pretty equal.  3 4 2 1 would be my rank but 2 and 4 could switch places depending on my mood.

Just got out. Small crowd but it was before noon. Excellent. Anyone who said Batgirl was unreleasable was lying through their fucking teeth because idk how that's possible.

Also this one is the one that should have been called Bad Boys For Life

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All those headlines two years ago about how Will Smith’s career was over are laughable looking back. 

It will be interesting to  see what happens these next few weeks. The studios supposedly were waiting to see how this would do since they have movies they want to offer to him wanted to make sure first. 

Loved this, just a really fun and entertaining movie. Some of the camera work was fantastic too, loved the drone stuff and POV shots in the finale shootout.

Martin Lawrence was hilarious too, arguably the funniest he’s been in these movies.

Really pleased it seems to be doing well for Will Smith as well. Hopefully his career gets back on track now that studios know he’s still bankable.

Also, Reggie. Incredible 😂

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Will Smith obviously still sells, BUT he needs to be in a movie that people wanna see. For every Bad Boys ( great performance ), there's a Wild Wild West ( a movie with Will Smith that flopped and was a disaster ) and Gemini Man ( another Will Smith flop ). 

Will Smith's name alone doesn't sell enough tickets to make every movie a sucess. He has to be in a movie that people want to see. Bad Boys is already a long franchise and it was obviously meant to perform well, with slap or without slap. I really hope people don't take the wrong lessons from Bad Boys.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix

Well it dipped Domestically OW but increased Worldwide.  So "Bad Boys Ride or Die" the biggest global opening in the Franchise History.   I'm pleased with the numbers all things considered.   It's amazing to see this Franchise stay healthy after the Pandemic basically wreak Hollywood.   Also Happy or Will and Martin.  I know Will is getting all the headlines because there were so many (Wrong) Think Pieces about "Will Audiences accept Will".

Also Martin equally deserves some credit too.  He's a Big Star in his own right a Legendary comedian.   He got all the Laughs and really carried this movie to me.  Well let's see how these summer Weekdays go.   This is the perfect Father's Day movie as it has a theme about "Fathers and Sons".  I definitely want over 160 for sure Domestically.  

Edited by filmscholar