CJohn

Bad Boys: Ride or Die | June 7, 2024

Looks fun! Hopefully Will’s Oscar’s baggage doesn’t slow it down too much. The third one was surprisingly good apart from the weirdly out of place sequel-baity mid-credits scene, which looks like it’s being ignored or at least pushed into the background based on this trailer.

29 minutes ago, SnokesLegs said:

Looks fun! Hopefully Will’s Oscar’s baggage doesn’t slow it down too much. The third one was surprisingly good apart from the weirdly out of place sequel-baity mid-credits scene, which looks like it’s being ignored or at least pushed into the background based on this trailer.

I always assumed most of the people who were genuinely mad about the slap were the rich Hollywood types. Most other people just saw it as a funny meme. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I always assumed most of the people who were genuinely mad about the slap were the rich Hollywood types. Most other people just saw it as a funny meme. 

It's definitely had a much longer shelf life than most expected (or it probably should have had). This news dropped earlier today at the same time the trailer was released:

Article does say they were drifting away from maintaining that organization before the incident, though obviously it didn't help. Rich hollywood types do tend to be the ones who give generous endowments.

I can't imagine anyone in their right mind is truly indignant about it anymore, certainly not the target audience for this. It is mainly a funny meme these days.

Edited by AniNate

tbh Aladdin 2 was likely the biggest casualty of The Slap by a long shot, though it actually happening was an iffy proposition to begin with (the '19 movie was almost three years old by the time of that Oscar ceremony and Disney would've had to anticipate diminished returns after seeing what happened to the untimely Alice in Wonderland and Maleficent sequels).

• Like 1

i just hope they don't expect me to remember any plot points from the last one. when they mentioned Joey Pants' character being dead I was like "huh why'd they kill him off between films?" totally blanked that happened in 3.

3 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I hope you’re right, he shouldn’t be ostracised from making movies because of one (admittedly high profile) mistake.

Definitely feels like he’s had problems getting work since the slap since he’s not done anything since Emancipation though. Hopefully Bad Boys does well and lets Hollywood know that most people have moved on.

This look like a fun action comedy like Bad Boys 4 Life was. It should easily be number one that weekend. Hell it might make more in it's opening day then The Crow does all weekend. Hell it might make more in Thursday previews alone.  As for Will Smith the core audience does not give a shit now if they ever did.