kayumanggi

THE SHALLOWS | 06.24.16 | Sony | final domestic gross: $55,124,043

11 minutes ago, UrosepsisFace said:

Just watched a nearly sold out 7PM showing for Shallows. Stars of the movie: Blake Lively's ass, the nature, and the bird. If this movie makes bank, Lively's ass and the cinematographer who followed it so closely, at so many different angles, should get a raise.

Blake Lively's body was front and center. It was a perk that I didn't expect in the film :popcorn:

• Like 1

Anyway leaving Open Water (I had to say something after seeing way too many boring! and worst movie ever posts), The Shallows is awesome. I'm glad it's doing so well and I hope it has a good run.

And yes Blake Livelys body definitely looked great in Sony 4K. Those glorious ass shots.

Once the shark came into the picture though, I was more focused on the movie though lol

• Like 1

I never appreciated Open Water until a few years ago. When I first watched it I was way younger and just had little interest in it. However I watched it again a few years back and it's my worst fear ever. But i agree that most people probably expected Open Water to be what the Shallows was and when it wasn't they were disappointed. It's still a brilliant movie that I may just watch again tomorrow 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Um, doesn't a "B+" in the world of Cinemascore mean it's not being received all that well or not??? Mixed???

B+ is great for this type of movie. Horror rarely gets an A.

C+ or below would indicate trouble.

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

I never appreciated Open Water until a few years ago. When I first watched it I was way younger and just had little interest in it. However I watched it again a few years back and it's my worst fear ever. But i agree that most people probably expected Open Water to be what the Shallows was and when it wasn't they were disappointed. It's still a brilliant movie that I may just watch again tomorrow 

Yeah I highly recommend doing so man!

I've had a thing this year where I've gone back and watched the originals or movies like it the night before or the night of seeing the new one.

Started with The Jungle Book - watched the original animated version that night.
Watched Captain America: TFA, The Avengers, Iron Man 3, Captain America: The Winter Soldier & The Avengers: Age Of Ultron in the days leading up to seeing Civil War.
*I didn't watch any of the X-Men films because I had seen the Rogue version of Days Of Future Past in the last year.*
Watched The Conjuring the night before The Conjuring 2.
Watched Finding Nemo right after Finding Dory.
Watched Independence Day the night before Independence Day: Resurgence.
Watched Open Water a few hours after The Shallows.

This will definitely continue before seeing Star Trek Beyond and Jason Bourne.

The Shallows and Open Water are very different movies but I think you'll still appreciate Open Water. Again Open Water is almost like a snuff film.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Jaws>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Deepest Bluest>>>>>>The Reef>>>Open Water>>>>>>>>>>>>>The Shallows

End post.

I'll bite *hah pun intended*

Jaws
Open Water
Deep Blue Sea - but I haven't seen this in awhile. It's pure camp and has some really fun set pieces. It also has the best random death ever. It speaks volumes that I can still remember them.
The Shallows - This is so close to Deep Blue Sea.
Shark Night 3D - I know I saw it but can't remember a thing about it.

I haven't seen The Reef but it looks interesting.

• Like 1

Damn I forgot about Jaws 2. I've seen that a lot too.

Jaws
Open Water
Deep Blue Sea - but I haven't seen this in awhile. It's pure camp and has some really fun set pieces. It also has the best random death ever. It speaks volumes that I can still remember them.
Jaws 2

Going to check out The Reef tonight, had no idea that was so highly rated.

2 hours ago, somebody85 said:

I'll bite *hah pun intended*

Jaws
Open Water

I haven't seen The Reef but it looks interesting.

The Reef is a lot like Open Water. I think you'll like it a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, HeyItsMoses said:

Is this cause of the first act? I mean, that part felt a bit long, but the rest was quick. Overall, it didn't feel long. 

He didn't go into specifics. His words were literally "The Shallows is drawn out and too lengthy."