Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

Then that's a union thing of course, though. Wouldn't hold for anyone outside the WGA of course.

That said, I'm sure not being part of the WGA deprives you of a lot of good protections and benefits.

All bets are off if it's a non-WGA agreement, of course... though this rules out selling to any of the major studios or major production companies and you're basically almost assured of getting screwed out of other benefits (what you're getting paid for it, any right to a rewrite, residuals, etc)-- not to mention getting covered for healthcare, pension, etc.

All bets are off if it's a non-WGA agreement, of course... though this rules out selling to any of the major studios or major production companies and you're basically almost assured of getting screwed out of other benefits (what you're getting paid for it, any right to a rewrite, residuals, etc)-- not to mention getting covered for healthcare, pension, etc.

So either you have no luck getting certain benefits or rights, or you get screwed out of other rights due to a group "bargaining on your behalf."

Lose-lose in a way.

Fuck the comics but then use comic book characters and title?

Just make a completely original horror/sci-fi movie without using comic characters.

Exactly.

If Trank wanted to make a Croneberg body horror sci fi movie, he should have worked out an original script and made that.

I don't even see how FF could work as a sci fi horror movie at all. I mean, yes, the team are horrified by their transformations and then what next? It seems that's the part that neither Trank nor the studio could figure out.

• Like 1

Exactly.

If Trank wanted to make a Croneberg body horror sci fi movie, he should have worked out an original script and made that.

Trank wanted to make a FF film that happened to be influenced more by Sci Fi horror. Nothing wrong with that. TDK is a Crime movie, if Nolan wanted to make one of those why did he have to include batman? 

Edited by Jay Hollywood
  • Like 4

Trank wanted to make a FF film that happened to be influenced more by Sci Fi horror. Nothing wrong with that. TDK is a Crime movie, if Nolan wanted to make one of those why did he have to include batman?

The Dark Knight is still very much Batman movie. The storyline, plot and story is very much in like with Batman comics over the years.

Let's put it like this, what if Nolan wanted to make Batman a superhero comedy. That's been done and it didn't work. At all.

Edited by Deathlife

The Dark Knight is still very much Batman movie. The storyline, plot and story is very much in like with Batman comics over the years.

Let's put it like this, what if Nolan wanted to make Batman a superhero comedy. That's been done and it didn't work. At all.

But that doesn't mean it couldn't work. No genre is naturally better than one or the other. Movies are all about tone and pacing. 

• Like 1

The Dark Knight was ghost directed by Michael Mann.

• Like 1

Au contraire

• Like 1

Batman & Robin was my favorite Batman movie at 6/7 and Im a huge batman fan still to this day, so I'm sure it had quite an effect on me.

6 years old and you were already an evil fuck

• Like 11

The Nerdpocalypse @ThoseNerds

At the Fantastic Four screening and Fox is passing out a survey to decide what to do with the franchise...that's not a good thing.
2:41pm - 8 Aug 15

You just can't make up this stuff.

Legendary movie.

:lol: 

• Like 1