Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

That depends on the budget.

I think it should hit at least 300 m WW.

From the trailer, 50m-60m tops, no big sets, no vfx, one set piece.

Looks way cheaper than Kingsman (85m budget) for example.

Maybe the next trailers will show more, the movie is still 6 months away.

• Like 1

First page. I put it in the first post. Forgot to put the page in the title.

Yea, but where and who did it come from?

Ted, Vacation, Aloha, Entourage, Hot Pursuit, etc. Man from Uncle will probably be joining them

Uncle will do fine.

Also, EW has got more hilarious details about the making of F4.

• Like 2

Lucas knew enough to grab the merchandise rights.

and nobody cared about merchandising rights back then.

FOX has to still be super PISSED about Disney buying Star Wars, after FOX made SW what it is today.

Did Lucas even bother offering SW to FOX in the first place? Seems like there wasn't even bidding war, and Lucas went directly to Disney. Doesn't seem fair does it for one of the biggest Hollywood IPs? :wacko:

Ted, Vacation, Aloha, Entourage, Hot Pursuit, etc. Man from Uncle will probably be joining them

Ted is still a success in accordance to its budget, despite its massive under-performance. Vacation will be profitable I'm sure. The rest of those are all movies that were never on anyone's radar to start with. If you look at the top 9 of the summer so far, they've all been big successes and made a lot of profit. MI5 and Trainwreck will end up in that category too. So basically 12-13 of the 18 or so movies that had potential were successful. The vast majority of the smaller wide releases below that were profitable too. Again, it's basically 4 big bombs of the summer and a few under-performers that were still profitable.

• Like 1

Brad Bird should be able to make a good F4 film, since he already did it in animated form. But Incredibles 2 is far more important.

Um, we've seen a great Incredibles movie already.

We still haven't gotten a decent FF movie.

But I'm not sure Brad Bird would want to deal with Disney and Marvels meddling.