Asyulus

Not So Fantastic Weekend Thread | MI5 29.4, F4 26.2, Gift 12, Ricki 7, Shaun 4, Vac 9, AM 7.8

:rofl:

It would make tons of cash if it turns out good. Turning out good is the key point here. FOX should just give a big ass paycheck to Singer and Vaughn and let them take over every superhero project. Matthew Vaughn saved X-Men and Bryan Singer turned the brand into a big blockbuster again. 

• Like 1

In fact, forget the post above, box office is about to die thanks to one of the biggest soccer games of the year later tonight so everything will be empty. Ant-Man didn't faced that on his first Sunday.

Who is playing?

Yes, things changed a lot i remember years ago when Portugal was rare to have a global release and the movies usually come 1 week or 1 month later from USA.

Yeah, the last few years have been great. And now that NOS and Big Pictures have taken over and compete against each other they always try to release the movies as fast as possible. PRIS always tries to put their big movies as fast as possible in theaters as well, even if they are not a threat to the two big boys. 

• Like 1

Who is playing?

It is a big game for Portuguese people :lol: Benfica vs Sporting. Two of the three biggest teams of the country. And Sporting's new coach was Benfica's coach for the last 6 years. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Yeah, the last few years have been great. And now that NOS and Big Pictures have taken over and compete against each other they always try to release the movies as fast as possible. PRIS always tries to put their big movies as fast as possible in theaters as well, even if they are not a threat to the two big boys. 

This year i went to see minions when it was released on USA thinking it was released here too xD came to cinema with my girlfriend and to our disappoint wasn't released xD still didn't see it:P and now i'll just wait to dvd release

The point is it would make money. A lot. Probably at least the same as Days of Future Past. And that is how the suits think. If it is a good movie it won't hurt the X-Men. They will have to reboot Fantastic Four in that movie (if they use this ones it will indeed hurt X-Men) and make it closer to the comics.

Adding the Fantastic Four doesn't help anything and they don't mix well with the X-men.

The X-men movies are about intolerance for people with superpowers. The Fantastic Four are celebrities because of their powers.

You'd have to remove the racism/homophobia allegory from X-men entirely which is the foundation of the series just to add characters who won't even help at the box office.

Fox is better off doing X-Force and New Mutant crossovers with X-men. That actually makes sense within the X-men universe and could actually launch various spinoffs successfully.

Forcing the FF into the mix is like pouring orange juice into a bowl of cereal.

• Like 2

This year i went to see minions when it was released on USA thinking it was released here too xD came to cinema with my girlfriend and to our disappoint wasn't released xD still didn't see it:P and now i'll just wait to dvd release

Yeah, but that happened because Disney and Universal are both NOS. They didn't want to compete against themselves so they decided to release them 1 month apart from each other. I haven't seen either of them. 

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Adding the Fantastic Four doesn't help anything and they don't mix well with the X-men.

The X-men movies are about intolerance for people with superpowers. The Fantastic Four are celebrities because of their powers.

You'd have to remove the racism/homophobia allegory from X-men entirely which is the foundation of the series just to add characters who won't even help at the box office.

Fox is better off doing X-Force and New Mutant crossovers with X-men. That actually makes sense within the X-men universe and could actually launch various spinoffs successfully.

Forcing the FF into the mix is like pouring orange juice into a bowl of cereal.

You missed the entire point. Fantastic Four would travel to the X-Men Universe. So they wouldn't be beloved by the people either. Of course they can't be together in the same Universe, it would make 0 sense :lol:

Edited by CJohn

Still don't understand why jw made the money it made. I liked it, but I didn't think it was as universally loved as much as say TDK or the Avengers, or the Cameron movies.

It was the perfect storm for the movie, it may not be as awesome as it's numbers suggests but people really wanted something different this year and JW filled that gap perfectly

Visualisation for the BOs of

MI4 & MI5, Ant-Man & Thor, FF (1015)

http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/custom-comparisons/Ant-Man/Mission-Impossible-Rogue-Nation/Thor/Mission-Impossible-IV/Fantastic-Four-%282015%29

btw, per day-to-day comparison MI5 surpassed Ant-Man this weekend, but as some here said MI5 might be a 'weekend-performer' that might change during the week again. Wait and see ;)

edit: today

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1