CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Avengers made the average person appreciate the fun of comics. Also it was a ground breaking culmination of multiple blockbusters coming together for a single event and it was glorious.

Jurassic World is a third rate Jurassic Park little else. Other than box office it hasn't left much of a mark on cinematic history. And in that regard it will always be in Avatar's shadow.

Did you forget about these?

jurassic-world-high-heels.jpeg

Anyone who manages to run away from a T-Rex in those has made cinematic history as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by Mattrek Loves Del Toro
  • Like 4

Did you forget about these?

jurassic-world-high-heels.jpeg

Anyone who manages to run away from a T-Rex in those has made cinematic history as far as I'm concerned.

Tbh I still know people that talk about this scene :lol:
  • Like 1

It is a shame some people are so close minded. I don't like the first Avengers and I completely understand why it set the world on fire. It pains to see some many people that think they are superior here basically calling everyone else dumb for liking a movie. It is obvious why Jurassic World, Avatar, Avengers and Titanic made what they did, and whatever you like them or not, everyone should be able to see this.

GOOD GOD IN HEAVEN!!!!!!!!

Someone send me Tele's initial breakdown at the news; I'm banned from the SW7 thread :(

Why are you banned? Send Tele a PM. I am on my phone and can't do shit.

Avengers is another one of those kinda fun Marvel happy meals you forget about a few days later. Avatar is sorta like Princess Mononoke except without any of the nuance/complexity/good characters JW is an amusing creature feature that is a commentary on both corporate filmmaking and the average consumer that the masses ironically ate up. Jurassic World wins. :lol:

Surprisingly perfect
  • Like 1

tumblr_mjgfege9EK1ra44sfo1_r1_400.gif
Does it help saying I think Ultron is a bit better? Or that besides all the stupid shit like dying because yes Sith is stil a better movie than any of the Avengers? :lol:

Safety Not Guaranteed prevents me from adding to the hate, but give him a different writing staff and it'll work.

Safety Not Guaranteed is lovely, so I hope he brings that to Episode 9, not Jurassic World

Jurassic World and Ant-Man are the two blockbusters this summer that I thought were both thoroughly, almost offensively, mediocre.

Gareth Edwards' direction on Godzilla is infinitely better than Trevorrow's on Jurassic World. I haven't seen Monsters, so I can't compare their indie work but Edwards doing a Star Wars film makes a lot more sense than Trevorrow, who really hasn't proven himself in big budget quality yet.

• Like 4

JW was a movie that kept asking 'lol you know this is really dumb, right?' and for some reason people ate that up. Still baffles me. Would never watch again in a million years.

Compton's even with Fri w/o previews.

If that number holds for Compton, high 50s for the weekend would be possible. However, I would love that Saturday number to be at $20M, because that will give it a chance at $60M.