CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

Is the last 40 or so pages worth reading or is it just a bunch of JW bs?

I think there's a ton of JW trash-talking versus MMFR folks and then some kind of racial/urban argument that got deleted, so I think probably not worth reading mostly to answer your question. 

CJohn had to close the thread and delete 10 pages that's why. It was a shit show.

He deleted - probably accidently - at least one post with a BO related quote out of a big newspaper article....   :mellow: 

I think there's a ton of JW trash-talking versus MMFR folks and then some kind of racial/urban argument that got deleted, so I think probably not worth reading mostly to answer your question. 

CJohn deleted ~ 10 pages, so I am guessing the most of that is gone already

He deleted - probably accidently - at least one post with a BO related quote out of a big newspaper article....   :mellow:

Fixed. Your post is back.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1

Hmmm, so our deleted post is in a storage facility like Ghostbusters.

:ph34r: My weekend thread has 76 pages and half way to go until the page 77. How many does your have? :lol: 

What killed FF at the box office?

Fanboy boycott or poor reviews kept away the general public?

Sony must be padding themselves on the back for teaming up with Marvel. They realized early they had no other choice.

Bad marketing and toxic reviews that killed any sort of buzz the movie had. Trank gave the final blow Thursday night with that tweet for the ages. 

Bad marketing and toxic reviews that killed any sort of buzz the movie had. Trank gave the final blow Thursday night with that tweet for the ages.

It's interesting that the GA picked up on the stench from a mile away.

Even Green Lantern opened big before people realized it was trash..

Maybe audiences are getting savvier.

It's interesting that the GA picked up on the stench from a mile away.

Even Green Lantern opened big before people realized it was trash..

Maybe audiences are getting savvier.

Audiences are getting savvier, Green Lantern had a fantastic late marketing push from May until the release date and the reviews were embargoed until Friday. F4 reviews showed up on Tuesday (or Wednesday?).

Did anyone read the book for The Martian? 

I don't know if Ridley Scott being attached to this is a good thing or bad thing anymore.

Watching the trailer, I do remember seeing this a while back. It looks like a serious movie, anyway. I might wait for the RT score and to read critic reviews when this comes out. Is there huge anticipation for the second trailer dropping?

A lot of folks here have read the book, I think. I found it really enjoyable -- it's tailor-made to be an entertaining, funny, and thrilling movie.

• Like 1