CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

A Michael Jackson biopic is a minefield.

I'm pretty sure studios don't want to touch that.

Plus his story is mostly tragic. Where as SOC is about sticking it to the man and overcoming the odds.

Michael Jackson's story is so big I feel it would take a trilogy to fully cover everything. 1st film on his childhood, 2nd film on his rise to superstardom, 3rd film covering the first allegations, marriages, children, the trial and finally his death. Theres a great story in there for a film or mini-series but as the post before this said his family would just get in the way. Maybe in 50 years.

I use an MP of at least 2.2 instead. If e.g. China has an unusual big part of the ww or the advertising ... was unuaual high and no real merchandising is to expect or,... I adjust to an even higher MP.

F4 BO is really extreme.... ;) I still have an (morbid?) interest in it's final numbers.

From what I have read F4 won't even get released in China :lol:
  • Like 1

I'm reading through that Jurassic World vs. Mad Max argument earlier in the thread, and I propose a peace treaty: we can all agree, regardless of we love or hate JW or MM:FR, that Inside Out is an excellent film.

It's a good film.

:redcapes:

• Like 1

The Minions box office run has been really surprising. Looks like it will hit 1B+ even before it gets to China, looks like maybe around 1.05B or so prior to China. Its holds in all OS markets have been pretty amazing throughout its run and now the domestic holds have been pretty good the past couple of weeks as well. The biggest shocker of them all has to be Minions easily overhauling Inside Out in Japan of all places.

It will end up needing around 220M from China to overtake Frozen, which may be just a bit too far, it will get to 1.2B, depends how much farther it can go. There is a small chance Toy Story 3 WW will fall even before it gets to China.

• Like 2

Shit I didn't want to get into this but

I live in pure hatred for Marvel (because I actually said some truths in the F4 thread and last weekend, even tho I hated that movie) and I love JW, so according to this forum I probably hate Mad Max: Fury Road as well. Some people in this forum are simply not capable of thinking at all. The man just did a 600M+ hit that 99% of the audiences loved and had incredible legs. He is an obvious choice. I would have said the same if they had hired Whedon, and I am not a big fan of Whedon at all. But people would be creaming in their pants if Whedon was hired instead of Trevorrow. Lord Miller have only done comedies but apparently they are great choices because they did a shit Lego Movie. And funny enough, I actually do agree they were a good choice. Anyway, this is all nonsense and what surprises me the most is that they have hired and announced a director for a movie that will only start filming in 2 and a half years. They could have waited 1 year to do it.

Lord Miller have only done comedies but apparently they are great choices because they did a shit Lego Movie. And funny enough, I actually do agree they were a good choice.

Lord Miller have only done comedies but apparently they are great choices because they did a shit Lego Movie. 

apparently they are great choices because they did a shit Lego Movie.

shit Lego Movie. 

CJohn.

• Like 2

I'm reading through that Jurassic World vs. Mad Max argument earlier in the thread, and I propose a peace treaty: we can all agree, regardless of we love or hate JW or MM:FR, that Inside Out is an excellent film.

I prefer a more universal accord:

That we get the world we deserve

• Like 2

By the Gods, I think I have deleted 10 pages of posts. The thread will re-open soon. Behave and discuss the numbers. The mod team thanks in advance.

tumblr_nsvg9n9bh91rud800o1_500.gif

I just binge watched the first season of True Detective. Should I bother with the 2nd season?

I just binge watched the first season of True Detective. Should I bother with the 2nd season?

YES.

Also, Lego Movie was great. The superior Chris Pratt film.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1

Don't. Everyone kept watching it hoping it would become a better show by the time the finale rolled around, turns out it may have been a worse decision for Taylor Kitsch's career compared even to the 1-2 punch of John Carter and Battleship. At least both those movies didn't end up being one giant joke on the audience. (ok, maybe Battleship)

Edited by grim22

I don't want to abuse Kitschjob but you're making it so so difficult. So I'm gonna avatar quote myself

photo-thumb-1386.jpg?_r=1438908397

YOU GAVE ME AN IDEA... Lets see what our supreme leader thinks about it. 

From what I have read F4 won't even get released in China :lol:

I didn't expect it to get a release there (my MP explanation was a general one, just in case I formulated it not clear enough)

I guess it is not worth to lessen the 'foreigne-movie-contingent' allowed in China ;)

Kitsch's character in True Detective Season 2 is a complete waste of a time. Story would been exactly the same without him.

Also boxoffice poison and show killer.

I missed episode 7 when it aired, and I understood the complete lack of interest the show has generated this season when I watched it a few days later and literally no one online was even talking about 

Kitsch's character being killed off or MacAdams and Farrell hooking up.

2 HUGE developments for the series (in theory) and both greeted with a shrug by audiences.

• Like 1

Don't. Everyone kept watching it hoping it would become a better show by the time the finale rolled around, turns out it may have been a worse decision for Taylor Kitsch's career compared even to the 1-2 punch of John Carter and Battleship. At least both those movies didn't end up being one giant joke on the audience. (ok, maybe Battleship)

Don't listen to Grim. Watch it, and embrace the hatred that will grow inside you.