CJohn

Official Weekend Estimates: Straigth Outta Compton - 56.1M; The Man From UNCLE - 13.5M; MI5 - 17.3M; Fantastic Four - 8M

How could you not know what his idea was? I'm actually surprised CJohn didn't try this until now :lol:

Well I mean we already have a TD emoticon, so I wasn't entirely sure what he was going for.

But I see now. We get the forum we deserve.

• Like 1

Well I mean we already have a TD emoticon, so I wasn't entirely sure what he was going for.

But I see now. We get the forum we deserve.

I welcome judgment.

Like others have asked, do we have any Sunday estimates for SoC? I feel like Universal was ultra conservative with the weekend number released this morning. Went and saw it this afternoon and the theatre was packed.

I hope its 14.5-15.5m or higher. That would be awesome if that happens.

Watching the box office between next weekend to the crazy September 18 weekend is gonna be so depressing lol. Wouldn't be the late August/early September time period if it were otherwise. 

Yeah, at least one of those 18th releases should move up. We have nothing for a full month and then a whole bunch of promising BO contenders for most of the rest of the year.

Just looked at the full estimates and I'd love to champion PHOENIX, one of the best movies of the year, for having good expansions for such a tiny release-- its theater count doubled and its PTA dipped only 20%. Everyone should check it out if they can, it'll leave you so warm and so so cold. 

Speaking of warm things, everything seems underestimated (MI5 down -28% sunday, UNCLE -27%) but COMPTON IS DOWN -10% HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP

• Like 10

Just looked at the full estimates and I'd love to champion PHOENIX, one of the best movies of the year, for having good expansions for such a tiny release-- its theater count doubled and its PTA dipped only 20%. Everyone should check it out if they can, it'll leave you so warm and so so cold.

Speaking of warm things, everything seems underestimated (MI5 down -28% sunday, UNCLE -27%) but COMPTON IS DOWN -10% HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP

Just tell is F4 was overestimated and I'll be so happy!

Great for SOC.

24.2M

19.3M

17.4M

60.9M OW  :blink:

• Like 2