Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend #s: Straight Outta Compton - 26.8M; Mission Impossible - 11.7M; Sinister 2 - 10.6M; Hitman - 8.2M; American Ultra - 5.5M

Why are you so obsessed with big TC drops? :lol:

I guess he wants some record, any record broken this month. I know he had big hopes for Fantastic 4 breaking the TC drop record. All the movies look safe though, no records for drops will be broken when the market is so dull as a whole.

• Like 1

I guess he wants some record, any record broken this month. I know he had big hopes for Fantastic 4 breaking the TC drop record. All the movies look safe though, no records for drops will be broken when the market is so dull as a whole.

CJohn is a record hunter :ph34r:

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael
  • Like 2

No Escape 3rd week's TC drop is gonna be legendary. There is no way it is under 2000 theaters with it opening over 3000 theaters.

Edited by CJohn

Straight Outta Compton is gonna be #1 for 4 weeks, book it now. Summer's over, people. Time to get excited for the fall.

Might do 5 weeks at the top if The Visit and The Perfect Guy bomb hard. 

I think the box office will be so low at that point that one of them will open at #1 by default.

I mean, remember this movie, which somehow managed to be #1 two weeks in a row? lol

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=watcher.htm

Didn't followed box office when I was 7 :lol:

Edited by CJohn

Kinda confused as to why three movies of the same type targeting virtually the same demo all opened on the same day. 

I guess nobody at their respective studios cared enough? 

Cause movies like Hitman and AU would be doomed regardless of opening dates. So they're just dumping.

Let's play a game. It's called: Let's Name All the Gems That Opened On The Final Two Weeks of August Over the Past Decade.

Ready. Set. Go!

The Brothers Grimm

The Cave

Undiscovered

Material Girls

Beerfest

Idlewild

How to Eat Fried Worms

War

The Nanny Diaries

Balls of Fury

Death Sentence

Death Race

The Longshots

The Rocker

Babylon A.D.

Disaster Movie

Shorts

Post Grad

Halloween II

Taking Woodstock

Vampires Suck

Takers

Conan the Barbarian

One Day

Hit & Run

The Apparition

Oogieloves in The Big Balloon Adventure

The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones

Getaway

Closed Circuit

Frank Miller's Sin City: A Dame to Kill For

As Above/So Below

The November Man

Woof woof.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 4

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-straight-outta-compton-816655

Straight Outta Compton continues to feel the love at the box office in its second weekend, on track to take in another $26 million in North American theaters. Universal's N.W.A biopic earned a huge $60.2 million in its first outing.

Blumhouse's Sinister 2, after scaring up a solid $850,000 from 2,100 locations Thursday night, is likely to earn $13 million to $14 million for the weekend. Hitting 2,758 theaters this weekend, the sequel is falling behind the tally of the original film, which starred Ethan Hawke and debuted to $18 million in October 2012. It went on to earn $77.7 million worldwide.

Hitman: Agent 47, which earned $600,000 from 2,500 locations Thursday night, is likely to earn $9 million to $10 million this weekend. It won't catch the number earned by the 2007 adaptation starring Timothy Olyphant, which earned $13 million when it debuted in November that year, and went on to take in just under $100 million worldwide.

Lionsgate's American Ultra is also off to a quiet start as well. After taking in $425,000 Thursday night, the action-comedy could earn around $6 million in its debut.

Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation, now in its fourth week, could earn another $11 million to land in the top five -- or more likely top three -- this weekend, and Warner Bros.' Man From U.N.C.L.E., after a slow start last weekend, may take in another $6 million to $7 million in its second week, which would also land it in the top five due to the soft opening numbers expected from the trio of newcomers.

• Like 3

I have only seen 3. The other 2 are Death Race and Babylon A.D.

Oh i saw almost all those films just not in the theater :P

the other 3 out of the 4 I saw in the theater were Death Race, Halloween II and Conan the Barbarian

• Like 1