Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend #s: Straight Outta Compton - 26.8M; Mission Impossible - 11.7M; Sinister 2 - 10.6M; Hitman - 8.2M; American Ultra - 5.5M

I honestly won't be surprised if it goes as high as 13m. Lack of any competition is going to give it some killer holds for the next month I think.

$13m would be glorious. Maybe the onslaught of spy related films will help. I mean, anyone who considers seeing Hitman, Uncle or American Ultra should come to this conclusion - eh, might as well see MI.

Hitman is ahead of Sinister but both are below MI5. Ultra's below UNCLE. Too early to tell on Compton, my guess is 8-9.

The only number you give is Compton? Is everything else that dead? Lol. 

Hitman is ahead of Sinister but both are below MI5. Ultra's below UNCLE. Too early to tell on Compton, my guess is 8-9.

Compton is still doing well. It should hold better next weekend. Sinister below MI5 and Hitman ahead of it? That's embarrassing. The lack of Ethan Hawke and terrible reviews must have hurt it.

Ultra below Uncle? = Wow. I'm guessing a lower opening than Adventureland?

The box office is gonna be dire overall between now and September 18 but whatever. We have the fall film festivals beginning in two weeks, meaning we will know the fates of many Oscar hopefuls soon, so that will more than alleviate the dullness.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 2

3 AM over here and we still don't have any estimates. The dog days are truly upon us. I guess Rth is gonna take some vacations until September 18. He deserves them.

Edited by CJohn