WrathOfHan

Weekend Ests. (p19): SOC 13.2M|War Room 11|MI 8.3|No Escape 8.29|Sinister 4.65 |UNCLE 4.41|JW 3.12|AM 3.03|Minions 2.9|WAYF 1.8

I didn't said that. I just don't see him as a superhero at all. Just that. It is just my opinion, whatever. 

You didn't say it; filmlover did:

Efron might be too...pretty?...for Hollywood to ever consider him as a possible superhero type. Although he know doubt has the charm to play one with comic sensibilities.

Wait...are we really saying that Efron is too pretty to be believable as a superhero?  Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, and Henry Cavill (and soon Jason Momoa) would like to have a word with you.

He's considered rather short compared to all of those people (at 5'8, the rest are all over 6), and is much more androgynous-looking than all of them (Seth Rogen probably summed it best in Neighbors when he said "he looks like something a gay guy designed in a laboratory."). Therefore, Hollywood likely wouldn't see him as a conventional superhero type, even though he is almost as fine of an actor.

• Like 1

He's considered rather short compared to all of those people (at 5'8, the rest are all over 6), and is much more androgynous-looking than all of them (Seth Rogen probably summed it best in Neighbors when he said "he looks like something a gay guy designed in a laboratory."). Therefore, Hollywood likely wouldn't see him as a conventional superhero type, even though he is almost as fine of an actor.

He just doesn't have it, and I am not even sure to explain what it is. 

I disagree.

Evans and Cavill are both as conventionally "pretty" as Efron. And height means nothing in Hollywood. I mean, look at Tom Cruise's career.

I can definitely see Efron playing Nightwing (DC) or Nova (Marvel).

Edited by cochofles

I disagree.

Evans and Cavill are both as conventionally "pretty" as Efron. And height means nothing in Hollywood. I mean, look at Tom Cruise's career.

You should have a conversation with DPs of Tom Cruise films, they have lots of stories to tell I promise.

Before Channing Tatum became a big star, nobody thought he had it either.

I can't image him as a superhero. I am not forcing you to agree. Wtf. Btw, the first time I saw Tatum was as a "superhero". It was easy to imagine him as one.

I disagree.

10309343_616421461786765_641132182864039

tumblr_n613drI9yd1s3mpv2o1_500.jpg?width

Can't find anything for Cavill lol.

hello-kitty-superman.jpg

Channing Tatum is much more of a "superhero" type than Zac Efron. Even Matt Bomer, who is as "pretty" as they come and was even once in the running to play Superman (I believe it was for Brett Ratner's movie that didn't happen?) more than a decade ago, fits Hollywood's idea of one better. The problem Efron likely has or will have in getting a role like that is that he's considered "not manly enough." Which is unfortunate but whatever.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Skylar Astin is probably the prettiest guy in Hollywood

Or of course Elgort...

Fucking hell, what the actual fuck?!

And at the same time, why am I not surprised by any of that...

Efron is waaaaay too prettyboy to pull off anything masculine all that well. He makes young Brad Pitt look like the most masculine guy ever. I don't even think Efron pulls off acting in general well because of it. The guy belongs in a modeling agency, not Hollywood. And lol at Cavill or Momoa being prettyboys. That's like saying Gerard Butler and The Rock are also.