K1stpierre

No Escape (2015)

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

An absolutely brilliant and tense film.  I was pretty much on edge from start to finish.  Lake Bell and Owen Wilson are kind of awesome here and Pearce Brosnan is all kinds of cool.  In fact, if this was a different film and received better, I'd say he should be up for some Oscar consideration.  I loved pretty much everything about this movie.

9/10

• Like 2

An absolutely brilliant and tense film.  I was pretty much on edge from start to finish.  Lake Bell and Owen Wilson are kind of awesome here and Pearce Brosnan is all kinds of cool.  In fact, if this was a different film and received better, I'd say he should be up for some Oscar consideration.  I loved pretty much everything about this movie.

9/10

You sure do give out a lot of 9/10 scores.
  • Like 1

A tense thriller. I liked it a lot. But I don't think that this has the appeal for general auds.. Pierce Brosnan, Owen Wilson, Lake Bell and the two kids have turned in fine performances. The Kenny Rogers guy is entertaining.

B+

• Like 3

I liked it OK but especially for Pierce Brosnan even with his limited screen time. I don't get all of the Xenophobia issues, like any country, there's good and bad and they showed both, heck, the people responsible for the overthrow were the Brits and Americans. Anyway, good tension throughout and the acting by Bell and Brosnan were good. The kids, however, like many kids in movies, were annoying. With some editing, this could easily air on TNT.

***¼/*****, (C+, 6.4/10, 2.5/4)

Criminally underrated. I couldn't believe how good this was and this is speaking from a huge horror fan. The only movie that came close to being this tense recently was It Follows (at least on first watch). This was gripping from start to finish with a scenario made all the worse by kids being involved. Just like Ex Machina, I had no idea what this was about before turning it on and was blown away when TSHTF.

I don't care about Xenophobia or any of that. I just loved how exciting it was. They really portrayed how terrifying that situation would be. There were so many great set pieces throughout this thing and it was brutal. It wasn't like a Roland Emmerich film and it easily could have been. I know people on IMDB have complained about the throwing the kids scene but I really liked it. It showed how desperate they were. If there was a weak spot it was Pierce Brosnans character but he isn't even on screen that long.

I have only rated 4 movies out of the 110 I've seen this year an A, and this was one of them. I saw it weeks ago and haven't forgotten it. So many people say they loved Mad Max but I didn't care about those characters. I did here and I wanted to see them make it out safely (even though in real life, it would not have happened).

Looking at lists of users here, I see a lot haven't watched this and really should. 

9/10

EDIT: Can't believe Variety called this one of the worst movies of the year - "I’m tempted to put forth the unholy Happy Madison trinity of “Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2,” “Pixels” and “The Ridiculous 6” (for shame, Netflix). But in the end, I have to call it a tie between “No Escape,” an utterly vile piece of Third World exploitation that might as well have been titled “White Lives Matter: The Movie,”

Geez can't people put politics aside and just enjoy the movie for what it was. But oh no its racist.

Edited by somebody85