kayumanggi

THE SNOWMAN | 10.20.17 | Universal | Michael Fassbender, Rebecca Ferguson

11 hours ago, That One Guy said:

I've been getting some hilarious YouTube ads that just say "YOU COULD HAVE SAVED HER, I GAVE YOU ALL THE CLUES" in an overly dramatic voice

I swear those have been every single ad I've gotten in the past three weeks. I'm just glad this movie's out so I don't have to hear that stupid voice again.

So this movie was a laugh...as in we laughed through most of it in disbelief. Someone fell asleep too. Just a disjointed mess of a movie. Half the scenes should've been in a different movie and there was only one scene that felt like a thriller. It had poor music choices and wasted good actors. Thank God for moviepass. 

I didn't even thought it was funny bad (except for the Val Kilmer scenes). It was a decent crime thriller like many others with a couple of beautifully shot scenes. The editing was a mess tho. Clearly a lot of problems and a lack of scenes to use in the montage propel them to use some scenes to cover some holes.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, trifle said:

Literally Just 11 Ridiculous Things That Happen In "The Snowman"

This makes me think about maybe seeing it, after all.

Literally none of this is as funny as they make it sound besides everything involving Val Kilmer. None. Zero. Maybe the point 8 and that is it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Literally none of this is as funny as they make it sound unless everything involving Val Kilmer. None. Zero. Maybe the point 8 and that is it.

It’s like an alternate universe where the iPad doesn’t exist. 

That police tablet was ridiculous! "Let's hide this big, easy to see tablet in a room to secretly record someone even though a small easy to hide mobile phone could do the same thing"

I guess it would have made more sense in the book as that came out in 2007 and I don't think you could record that much on phones back then.

Edited by Boxofficerules
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

The police tablet had more character development then any of the human characters. 

The whole police tablet thing was... so unnecessary. Such a weird thing to see in a movie.

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

The whole police tablet thing was... so unnecessary. Such a weird thing to see in a movie.

Not to mention they where bigger and clunkier than actual tablets. But yeah, they just weren't needed, any part they where used could have been replaced with a regular tablet or a mobile phone.

Just now, Boxofficerules said:

Not to mention they where bigger and clunkier than actual tablets. But yeah, they just weren't needed, any part they where used could have been replaced with a regular tablet or a mobile phone.

It really seemed like forced product placement lmao.

I suspect there was a version of the movie where the tablet was the killer. Sadly it was lost on the editing room floor. 

(I hope this isn’t to much of a spoiler. Ruling out the tablet as the killer.)

• Haha 1