CJohn

Hotel Transylvania 3 | July 13 2018 | Nationwide sneak screenings on June 30th for Amazon Prime members

“It’s on it’s way to being one of the most beloved franchises of all time,” said Rory Bruer, Sony Pictures president of worldwide distribution.

“There are a lot of stories left to tell,” he added, saying that he hoped there would be a  third installment.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/box-office-hotel-transylvania-2-breaks-september-record-with-47-5-million-debut-1201603478/

• Like 1

Will the TV show dilute the box office intake of this?

I doubt it. What hurt How to Train Your Dragon 2 was that the show was a continuation of the movies and also too similar to them.

The Hotel Transylvania show is going to be different from the movies. It will be a prequel to the HT movies, and will focus Dracula's daughter and her friends instead of Dracula and his buddies.

‘Hotel Transylvania’ TV Series in Development at Sony

Welcome to the “Hotel Transylvania” TV series: Sony Pictures Animation and Corus Entertainment’s Nelvana are developing an animated small-screen show based on the Adam Sandler-lead feature films.

The TV series will focus on the teenage years of Dracula’s daughter, Mavis, and her friends. The episodic animated monster comedy will be developed and produced by Nelvana Studio in Toronto and is slated to launch on air in early 2017.

Selena Gomez voices Mavis in the films, but casting for the TV series has yet to be announced.

Looks Interesting. Sony was smart enough to wait until after making the second movie to do a series, unlike DWA who make shows right after a first movie.

Will the TV series be on Netflix or perhaps a kids cable channel like Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon.

It wasn't in the announcement, maybe we will learn more in the next few months.

We don't even know if it will be a 2D or a CGI cartoon, though I would prefer to be 2D traditionally animated. That would keep the show and movies separate, and lessen any impact a show might have on Hotel Transylvania 3. Sony might end up doing more than 3 HT films if the next one does well enough.

It wasn't in the announcement, maybe we will learn more in the next few months.

We don't even know if it will be a 2D or a CGI cartoon, though I would prefer to be 2D traditionally animated. That would keep the show and movies separate, and lessen any impact a show might have on Hotel Transylvania 3. Sony might end up doing more than 3 HT films if the next one does well enough.

SPA has churned out 3 DTV sequels to Open Season so I wouldn't put it pass them doing more HT films. A 2D animated TV series would work, the credits of the first film had 2D animation designed by Genndy and they did a 2D short as well.

Genndy Tartakovsky Confirms He Won’t Return for Third Movie: ‘Two is Enough’

http://www.thewrap.com/hotel-transylvania-2-director-says-he-wont-return-for-third-movie-two-is-enough/

Sad. He did a good job, but I guess HT3 can now be fast tracked into production.

Maybe Sony can use the Cloudy 2 directors for HT3? They did a great job with the sequel.

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Equalizer 2 and another animated movie.

The Lamb is scheduled for December 2017 and Get Smurfy is March 2017. WB already has Ninjago for September 21st 2017 anyway. I imagine Scooby Doo will move to either October 2018 or February 2019.

• Like 1