kayumanggi

PETER RABBIT | 02.09.18 | Sony | Will Gluck to write and produce

WILL GLUCK TO WRITE AND PRODUCE “PETER RABBIT” FEATURE FOR SONY

http://www.tracking-board.com/exclusive-will-gluck-to-write-and-produce-peter-rabbit-feature-for-sony/

Hollywood multihyphenate Will Gluck has been brought on board to both pen the script for and produce Sony Pictures Entertainment’s adaptation of PETER RABBIT, based on the classic stories by Beatrix Potter. Gluck will produce through his Olive Bridge Entertainment, while Eric Fineman will oversee for Sony.

A Peter Rabbit feature was first rumored when the project was referenced in emails leaked during the Sony hack, but Gluck’s official involvement has put some spring in the step of this adaptation of the classic children’s storybook. After initially coming on board to produce, we can confirm that Gluck is actively writing the script as well. According to sources, the film will be a live-action / animation hybrid, targeting a family audience in the vein of Alexander and Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day.

The original Peter Rabbit story centers on mischievous Peter, who disobeys his mother’s orders and sneaks into Mr. McGregor’s garden, eating as many vegetables as he can before Mr. McGregor spots him and chases him. Peter manages to escape, but not before losing his jacket and shoes, which McGregor then uses to dress a scarecrow. Peter returns home weary and ill and is put to bed with a cup of tea. The followup, The Tale of Benjamin Bunny, finds Peter and Benjamin retrieving his clothes from McGregor’s garden–only to be trapped by the farmer’s cat.

The feature, we’re hearing, will combine elements of several Peter Rabbit stories, but that Sony is indeed eyeing a franchise. Friends with Benefits writer Gluck seems to be a solid choice to set the tone for the film. His last directorial effort, the 2014 Annie remake, targeted the same demo, and although it received a lackluster response from audiences, the film’s box office hopes were damaged beyond repair after the entire film was leaked online amid the hacking scandal.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I am guessing Smallfoot is moving if Peter Rabbit moved up a month 

Where would Smallfoot move is the question? I still think it was a bad move for Sony and Sony Animation. I understand they got burnt with The Lost Village but still, Peter Rabbit would have made great money in that Easter Spot. Now, it deals with Black Panther, which will take it's 3D screens. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Where would Smallfoot move is the question? I still think it was a bad move for Sony and Sony Animation. I understand they got burnt with The Lost Village but still, Peter Rabbit would have made great money in that Easter Spot. Now, it deals with Black Panther, which will take it's 3D screens. 

Given there is three WB films in March alone, I think May would the only month suitable unless they just bring in forward a week to February 2nd

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Given there is three WB films in March alone, I think May would the only month suitable unless they just bring in forward a week to February 2nd

Maybe January 26th, since it's the week before the Super Bowl. May would be a bad idea due Han Solo and Avengers. They could play Chicken with Sony and see who blinks first.

• Like 1