WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

Crazy to think that "Gothic" period horror movies like Bram Stoker's Dracula and Interview with the Vampire opened with $30M+ in 1992 and 1994. It's especially impressive for Stoker b/c Interview had major starpower from Tom Cruise, rising star Brad Pitt and still kinda relevant Christian Slater. 

Edited by Boogie Nights

According to early returns, Crimson Peak is pacing to earn $7 million-$9 million Friday from 2,984 theaters for a projected weekend of $17 million-$22 million (many believe it will come in around $19 million).
Sony's Goosebumps, playing in 3,501 locations and costing $35 million, is on course to gross roughly $7 million on Friday for a debut as high as $23 million. It's possible the movie could beatThe Martian, but it's too early to say. Sony sources are being more conservative, suggesting an opening in the high teens.
Bridge of Spies, relying on older adults, is on course to gross $5 million-$6 million Friday for an opening in the mid- to high-teens from some 2,800 locations. The DreamWorks and Participant Media title is hoping for a long run throughout awards season versus an eye-popping debut.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-crimson-peak-may-832523

• Like 1

Can someone add that fridays numbers start on pg 8? I don't know how many times this has to be mentioned that if you're going to update the title please put the page number that the Friday numbers start on.

• Like 1

Can someone add that fridays numbers start on pg 8? I don't know how many times this has to be mentioned that if you're going to update the title please put the page number that the Friday numbers start on.

Done. CJohn was the last to edit so blame him :ph34r:

• Like 1

didn't notice this before but spotted Elijah Wood in a last witch hunter ad. dude's been spending the last few years being in the radest b-movies and now he's in that dumb as fuck vin diesel beard movie. I got nothing but respect. In my honest opinion his career is the best.

• Like 3

didn't notice this before but spotted Elijah Wood in a last witch hunter ad. dude's been spending the last few years being in the radest b-movies and now he's in that dumb as fuck vin diesel beard movie. I got nothing but respect. In my honest opinion his career is the best.

Honestly that cast is pretty solid. Vin Diesel, Elijah, Michael Caine, and Ygritte from GOT.

:kitschjob:

I might have to take the blame here. 

• Like 2