WrathOfHan

Official Weekend Estimates: Goosebumps - 23.5M; The Martian - 21.5M; Bridge of Spies - 15.4M; Crimson Peak - 12.9M (Page 1)

If you go to Moviefone, and set the date as Dec 16th: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/star-wars-the-force-awakens/10118651/showtimes?mileValue=Unlimited&selectedShowDate=2015-12-16

It shows a few theaters releasing showtimes for The Force Awakens on midnight Dec 16. A couple of theaters near me have 7-8 shows programmed from midnight Dec 16 onwards at 12am, 12:20am, 3am, 4am, etc. Could Disney be bringing up the release one day in order to match the international release dates since a few countries will get it starting Thursday like France, Australia, Brazil etc.

Well fuck! There goes the opening weekend record hopes. This messes everything up dammit!! 

:P

If you go to Moviefone, and set the date as Dec 16th: http://www.moviefone.com/movie/star-wars-the-force-awakens/10118651/showtimes?mileValue=Unlimited&selectedShowDate=2015-12-16

It shows a few theaters releasing showtimes for The Force Awakens on midnight Dec 16. A couple of theaters near me have 7-8 shows programmed from midnight Dec 16 onwards at 12am, 12:20am, 3am, 4am, etc. Could Disney be bringing up the release one day in order to match the international release dates since a few countries will get it starting Thursday like France, Australia, Brazil etc.

So would this be on Wednesday morning or Tuesday morning? A 5 day opening would be interesting, but there would go the chance at the OW record.

• Like 1

There is something amazingly cool about the thought of the first screenings being midnights though.

Yeah, I was thinking about how cool that would be a for a few minutes, but then reality set back in and I realized those are just a few little early errors in the system.

• Like 1

Damn good numbers for Crimson Peak. Good thing Goosebumps managed to get 2M more than Pan, but it's still too early to say where it could land. 18M is probably the floor at least.

Edited by WrathOfHan