Travod

BAFTA Nominations

http://www.bafta.org/film/awards/nominations-announcement,2537,BA.htmlApparently you watch there live tomorrow at 7:40 AM whatevertimezoneenglandis, 2:40 AM EST, and then adjust for wherever you live :P I'll probably see them quickly tomorrow morning before I go to school and then comment about them 8 hours after that. But anyway the longlist with the *****s basically tells us the nominees anyway, so.

Yeah, everyone knew TTSS would get much love here. Still happy for it. I say it wins Actor and British Film but The Artist still takes Best Film. I would love if the Best Actor line up was exactly the same at the Oscars, but that Best Supporting Actor line up is terrible. I thought they at least go for one of the Tinker Tailor guys.

Yeah it's awesome. I sense Oscar nomination #2 for Trentticus! :D

I wish Trentitcus won for DT instead over the iconic Inception score. Oh,well. AMPAS get eevrything wrong.I think this is our Best Actor line-up. Some think Fass is in shakey position because he didn`t get SAG nom but I think Golf Club Dick joke gave him a huge boost with those who ignored him preiviously and that older actor sentiment will get Oldman over Leo. Either way, 5th spot is between Oldman and Leo unless AMPAS goes for Bicher who got SAG.DT snub is baffling because long list had tons of love for it including DC for Best Actor. WTF happened?DH2 is dead. When even BAFTA didn`t care...this now looks more and more like a deliberate ignoring. Like, we don`t have to acknowledge every big franchise that ends,suck it,wizards! Edited by fishnets

I'm kind of baffled that DH2 didn't even get a Best British Film nom. 10 years of landmark British filmmaking and nada. Yet they had Dan Radcliffe announce the winners.

Agreed. The Potter films changed British cinema - LITERALLY did. Consistently spectacular technical work and always showcased the best of the British actors/actresses.I also found it really rude that they invited Dan to announce the nominations. You could tell in the video he was a little disappointed when Alan Rickman's name didn't show up on the screen for BSA.

Agreed. The Potter films changed British cinema - LITERALLY did. Consistently spectacular technical work and always showcased the best of the British actors/actresses.I also found it really rude that they invited Dan to announce the nominations. You could tell in the video he was a little disappointed when Alan Rickman's name didn't show up on the screen for BSA.

rude? I don't think they purposely invited him so they could laugh at how sad he looked that HP didn't get any love. he was probs just the biggest name they could get. He did say in an interview that he was really happy for Gary Oldman though. So there's that.