Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Henry civil superman easily replaceable..

Chris Evans Captain America definitive. 

That's the difference.

It's easy to say that when one has had only 2 movies to grow his character and one has had like 5 movies to grow his character.

11 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

It's easy to say that when one has had only 2 movies to grow his character and one has had like 5 movies to grow his character.

To be entirely fair to Cavil, he is trying to go against a definitive portrayal with Reeves...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Talkie said:

Many young actors' careers fall off a cliff after a major triumph like starring in a blockbuster of winning an Oscar. Christopher Reeve's post-Superman filmography is grim. The same role did Brandon Routh even fewer favors. Maybe young actors should avoid iconic superheroes. ;)

True but in Maguire's case it's fascinating he had a steadily rising career before Spider-Man and then his output ever since his version of the character ended has been incredibly sparse (the most notable he's done since then was The Great Gatsby and we all know he likely only got that because of his BFF).

Perhaps it's a good thing for Matt Bomer that the Brett Ratner Superman movie that he was heavily rumored to headline that would've plucked him from soap opera world more than a decade ago ended up not happening, despite what would've been a somewhat door-opening opportunity of being the first gay actor to play an iconic superhero (although there were rumors for years that the studio shelved the whole project because of that yikes).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RandomJC said:

To be entirely fair to Cavil, he is trying to go against a definitive portrayal with Reeves...

I think Cavill has done a great job, considering the scripts he's had to work with haven't been the best. And as you said, he's trying to make his own Superman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

I think Cavill has done a great job, considering the scripts he's had to work with haven't been the best. And as you said, he's trying to make his own Superman.

Given time, and better scripts, he'd be a liked Superman. I hope he gets the chance. He is no where near my problem with MoS or BvS. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Given time, and better scripts, he'd be a liked Superman. I hope he gets the chance. He is no where near my problem with MoS or BvS. 

Yeah, he is nowhere near the problem with those films, he had hardly anything to work with in either one, and he certainly looks the part. I just hope he can do the happy and inspiring superman before it over. another Standalone MoS could be great. but only if Synder keeps his grimy hands off of it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Goffe said:

Still better than Deadpool and Ant-Man :redcapes:

tbh, what isn't?

:ohmyzod:

3 hours ago, RandomJC said:

I don't see anyone ever making that role his with the shadow of Reeves hanging around it. Cavil is fine in it, I just hope they take the great opportunity the ending of BvS have afforded them to make his character actually evolve and grow into his role of beloved savior of the humanity next movie. If they do it right then it's all been worth it, at least for me.

9 hours ago, Talkie said:

All of the X-Men movies. The series is po-faced collection of cheap-looking, boring disasters with weak scripts whose one okay episode (X2) appears to be excellent only by comparison to its awful companions. Deadpool at least managed to turn Fox's cheapness into a virtue and avoided the deadening weight of the series' annoying self-seriousness through manic humor and deft characterization. 

:wtf:

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

True but in Maguire's case it's fascinating he had a steadily rising career before Spider-Man and then his output ever since his version of the character ended has been incredibly sparse (the most notable he's done since then was The Great Gatsby and we all know he likely only got that because of his BFF).

Perhaps it's a good thing for Matt Bomer that the Brett Ratner Superman movie that he was heavily rumored to headline that would've plucked him from soap opera world more than a decade ago ended up not happening, despite what would've been a somewhat door-opening opportunity of being the first gay actor to play an iconic superhero (although there were rumors for years that the studio shelved the whole project because of that yikes).

Maguire focuses on being a father. He also lost his boyish good looks

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Maguire focuses on being a father. He also lost his boyish good looks

I dunno, he still has a rather youthful appearance to me. If anything, that's probably hurt him when it comes to more "mature" roles.

21 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I don't see anyone ever making that role his with the shadow of Reeves hanging around it. Cavil is fine in it, I just hope they take the great opportunity the ending of BvS have afforded them to make his character actually evolve and grow into his role of beloved savior of the humanity next movie. If they do it right then it's all been worth it, at least for me.

To bring another Frachise. Bond. In much the same way actors are under the shadow of Connery, given time most are shown to be respected in their own ways, and the shade is lifted.

1 hour ago, Kalo said:

Yeah, he is nowhere near the problem with those films, he had hardly anything to work with in either one, and he certainly looks the part. I just hope he can do the happy and inspiring superman before it over. another Standalone MoS could be great. but only if Synder keeps his grimy hands off of it.

:ph34r:

Snyder's contempt for Superman and his supporting cast is painful. Why else would you call shooting Jimmy Olsen in the head, "fun".

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

To bring another Frachise. Bond. In much the same way actors are under the shadow of Connery, given time most are shown to be respected in their own ways, and the shade is lifted.

:ph34r:

Snyder's contempt for Superman and his supporting cast is painful. Why else would you call shooting Jimmy Olsen in the head, "fun".

Seriously, why would he even direct a Superman film, when he clearly is not a fan of the character, and decides to change every element that makes Superman.. well Superman. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Seriously, why would he even direct a Superman film, when he clearly is not a fan of the character, and decides to change every element that makes Superman.. well Superman. 

The same reason that Abrams did Star Trek despite not really being a big fan - it's a big step for your career to get the opportunity to direct a big tent pole like that.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kalo said:

Unfortunately Cavill's best portrayal of Superman to date was in the Sad Affleck video. He was animated and charming and engaging with the interviewer to take the heat off poor Ben, and all I could think was, "Why couldn't you have been that way in the actual movies?" But of course we all know the answer to that question.

Spoiler

Snyder.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rallax said:

The same reason that Abrams did Star Trek despite not really being a big fan - it's a big step for your career to get the opportunity to direct a big tent pole like that.  

Well yeah, But JJ Abrams is a good director, and despite what people say Abrams at least respected the characters and kept them true to what they are supposed to be. 

1 minute ago, kdx125 said:

Unfortunately Cavill's best portrayal of Superman to date was in the Sad Affleck video. He was animated and charming and engaging with the interviewer to take the heat off poor Ben, and all I could think was, "Why couldn't you have been that way in the actual movies?" But of course we all know the answer to that question.

Reveal hidden contents

And If you saw Man From U.N.C.L.E. he was a better Superman in that than in Man of Steel, he was suave, charming, and funny.  what a waste of talent. 

Snyder should be just charged guilty of crimes against good actors. Over his two movies he's wasted the talents of nine Oscar-nominated actors, three of which have won. J.K. Simmons will bring that total up to 10 nominees, 4 of which have won, if Justice League is of the same quality (and given the quality of these two movies, I expect it to be).

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kalo said:

Well yeah, But JJ Abrams is a good director, and despite what people say Abrams at least respected the characters and kept them true to what they are supposed to be. 

I'm not the biggest Star Trek fan, but I don't know if that's true.  He also basically made it more Star Wars-ey. Star Trek was never an action franchise, but that's what he made it into. 

I think it's very comparable. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I don't have any whproblems with the cast or acting of any DC movie so far with the exception of Eisenberg (who was horrendous) and maybe Gadot

Imo gadot is decent in bvs given amount of time she is given. Much like his role in ff series where she was never really speak

At least we need to find out next year whether gadot can carries a movies by herself or not. 

She certainly has that hemsworth aura going around. Outside thor or rush, i dont think hemsworth really show that he has the charisma many a-list actor has. 

Edited by brownies