Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

If only Cap and Tony's mothers shared the same first name! Then we'd know for certain whether they were friends or not!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rukaio101 said:

If only Cap and Tony's mothers shared the same first name! Then we'd know for certain whether they were friends or not!

This is the type of comment that makes you Marvel fans look dumb and childish. Not that I agree with them about you, but, the whole point was that Batman didn't know who Superman was, so the Martha scene alone wouldn't make sense for Marvel to copy like they did with the overall story of BVS. I'm glad they didn't copy that though, because MCU characters don't have the same weight as Batman or Superman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

This is the type of comment that makes you Marvel fans look dumb and childish. Not that I agree with them about you, but, the whole point was that Batman didn't know who Superman was, so the Martha scene alone wouldn't make sense for Marvel to copy like they did with the overall story of BVS. I'm glad they didn't copy that though, because MCU characters don't have the same weight as Batman or Superman.

Marvel didn't copy the Martha scene because it's obviously stupid.

And because there was nothing to copy since both were in production at the same time.

Edited by Nosferatu Zodd

3 hours ago, rukaio101 said:

To be honest, I don't really care whether or not Batman 'should' kill people in comics/movies/whatever. There are reasonable arguments both for and against it. Ultimately it just comes down to how well it's actually done in-story. And it was not done well in BvS

Basically, there are two big reasons Batman killing people in BvS does not work from a narrative and audience standpoint. First of all, this is the first major Batman movie following the massively popular and successful Nolan Trilogy. In said Trilogy, one of the biggest and most obvious themes was Batman's rule against killing, which was very heavily emphasised in the first two movies and directly tied to Batman's ideology. BvS may be a reboot of the character, but that doesn't mean people are going to magically forget his other portrayals in popular culture. And when the Nolan Trilogy spent so long making the 'No-Killing' rule a central core of the Batman character, you have to take it into account when doing later iterations. You can't just flip 180 to Batman offhandedly killing people with barely any care and then act surprised when people have an issue with it. Sure, they probably could've gotten away with it in BvS if they provided reasons, directly called it out and made it clear that it was a sign Batman was going off the rails more and more, but that would require some level of actual competent characterisation.

Secondly though, it's a problem because the second scene Batman clearly kills people (the warehouse) is supposed to be after his big character change, post-Supes fight, where he's supposed to have softened and realised his mistakes and that he's going too far. All of which is then immediately thrown out the window when he clearly kills several of the thugs he was fighting without any apprehension or remorse, showing he hasn't softened at all. It completely undermined his own character arc. Which is bad. Obviously.

So yeah. It's not Batman killing people which is dumb, just the way they did it. Same goes for Superman killing Zod in MoS. You're welcome to guess which inappropriate character they'll mishandle in JL to fill the quota.

Yo its Batman "vee" Superman nothing matters.

Image result for zack snyder

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu Zodd said:

Marvel didn't copy the Martha scene because it's obviously stupid.

And because there was nothing to copy since both were in production at the same time.

BVS actually finished shooting months before Civil War started. Even the Spider-man deal happened after BVS was done. It was supposed to be released on Summer 2015 initially.

By the time BVS was finishing production, Marvel didn't even have closed a deal with Downey Jr and Sony to secure Iron Man and Spider-man in the film. They clearly changed the Captain America movie into the Civil War storyline because of BVS.

11 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Not even that the whole Martha scene in BvS to me and others was poorly executed.

Just now, Napoleon said:

BVS actually finished shooting months before Civil War started.

I honestly don't care. Trying to argue Marvel copied BvS of all things makes you sound dumb and childish. Russo's have discussed their creative process and it had nothing to do with DC. The announcement of BvS just further convinced Feige to go with the Russo's idea.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Not even that the whole Martha scene in BvS to me and others was poorly executed.

Batman verbally acknowledges Superman has parents and tells him he doesn't give a shit 1 minute before "Martha".

It's a stupid movie. And why it's hilarious fanboys think people will "get it" years later. The writing is FAR too poor for that.

Edit: Sorry for DP.

Edited by Nosferatu Zodd

My Top 15 CBMs:

15.) X Men 1

14.) Watchmen (Guilty Pleasure)

13.) Ant Man

12.) The Lego Batman Movie

11.) X2

10.) Guardians of the Galaxy

9.) Civil War

8.) Spider-Man 2/Superman 2

7.) X-Men: First Class/Days of Future Past