Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Doesn't matter what happens cause Thor will be higher on RT almost guaranteed and that's what people will talk about first. And then if Thor beats JL box office it will be that much worse on these forums and the internet in general. 

Also, let me add that other than scenario A, NO SCENARIO is good for the superhero genre at all. 

2 minutes ago, cax16 said:

Doesn't matter what happens cause Thor will be higher on RT almost guaranteed and that's what people will talk about first. And then if Thor beats JL box office it will be that much worse on these forums and the internet in general. 

I wouldnt be so sure just yet. The previous Thor movies have been amongst the lowest rated MCU movies and this too can end up in the 60's-70's or even lower. One thing I can see the critics complaining about may be the humour. 

On the other hand JL could surprise especially with Whedon making changes (his previous 2 team up movies have both been well received critically). Although I do think big team up movies like this are usually at a disadvantage critically than solo movies which is why I think Infinity War next year wont be as high rated as MCU's recent movies

Regardless of what happens, the JL thread will be a mess. If the movie flops critically and/or under-performs, the DC fans will lose their minds. If the movie does well critically and/or makes a lot money, people will prod those same fanboys into acting like idiots. It's a lose-lose situation. 

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Also, let me add that other than scenario A, NO SCENARIO is good for the superhero genre at all. 

Agreed. I wish we didn't even have these conversations, it's so childish and annoying. 

I just want more superhero movies. I know all won't meet everyone's expectations but people need to take a step back and realize these are just movies and in the end the people making them are trying to make good movies. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Another option could be...both underperform according to expectations.

But that would be a heck of a bore... :D 

An underperformance is directly equivalent to a flop in many peoples eyes here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I wouldnt be so sure just yet. The previous Thor movies have been amongst the lowest rated MCU movies and this too can end up in the 60's-70's or even lower. One thing I can see the critics complaining about may be the humour. 

On the other hand JL could surprise especially with Whedon making changes (his previous 2 team up movies have both been well received critically). Although I do think big team up movies like this are usually at a disadvantage critically than solo movies which is why I think Infinity War next year wont be as high rated as MCU's recent movies

Good points but I guess I just don't see it happening. I hope they're both really well received in the end and make a shit ton of money. 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Agreed. I wish we didn't even have these conversations, it's so childish and annoying. 

I just want more superhero movies. I know all won't meet everyone's expectations but people need to take a step back and realize these are just movies and in the end the people making them are trying to make good movies. 

That's literally all I want too. And I actually have faith in the DCEU and NEVER went out of my way to criticize actors/directors like many DCEU fanboys do it constantly here. I don't think any of this people do it me defending them, but it's not like I don't see it happening and roll my eyes at the situation. People need to understand that Marvel Studios doing great is amazing to the superhero genre because it means that WB is actually being FORCED into getting better. I don't want them to give up the shared universe concept because now they have a very diverse team of directors to guide this ship, ALL OF THEM with critically acclaimed AND box office juggernauts films under their belts (Jenkins, Wan and Whedon). I believe in the DCEU because I believe in the DC characters. I love them because they informed a lot of who I am today. And even if you loved just Marvel or DC, I just don't understand how you can love the superhero genre and be a flat out asshole that will get into these petty arguments if anything to DEFEND what these characters are all about. Sick of seeing stuff like this happening, let alone stuff like this:

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/14/superman-saves-immigrants-from-a-hate-crime/

And to people like this, I leave you with the message of who is arguably one of the best Superman writers of all time:

And to develop further:

http://www.cbr.com/of-course-superman-saved-immigrant-workers-its-what-he-does/

THIS IS MY SUPERMAN:

Superman-Action-Comics-Immigrants.jpg?cs

The one I love and inspired me so much since I couldn't literally speak, let alone read or write. I owe these characters and their creators a lot of who I am today. I want them to thrive and succeed always. I'm not part of any of these stupid fandoms. I'm a superhero fan. This is my fandom. 

7 minutes ago, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is terrible, good lord. One of the worst games this year.

I fucking LOVE this game. Honestly. I understand why the young kids like Injustice better if they live in the Western side of the world. But I grew up at a time that games were mostly made and dictated by the Japan developers, and with that I became mostly a Capcom fighting player. I really like Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, but Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is easily my favorite fighting game of the year and isn't my favorite game of the year because there are two other games called NieR: Automata and Sonic Mania. Other than those, it's ahead of stuff like the other fighting games AND triple A games like Horizon: Zero Dawn. For an amateur pro fighting games player wannabe, this year was heaven though. Three games have very strong game mechanics. I understand the graphics criticism for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, but I do prefer its graphics to Injustice 2. And I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I just don't like the "realism" take that Injustice 2 went for and I actually like the character looks better in the first Injustice. Love the mechanics of the three fighting games I've talked, but I'm way too partial to Capcom to not be literally head over hills for that game. 

Favorite fighting games from this decade:

1. Street Fighter V

2. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

3. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

4. Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator

5. Tekken 7

6. Injustice 2

7. Injustice

8. King of Fighters XIV

9. Street Fighter vs. Tekken

10. Mortal Kombat XL

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Infinite was confirmed trash the moment they said the X-Men weren't gonna be in it

The roster is going to be updated. The X-Men will end up showing up in some shape or form. I bet that some time next year we will get an update with Wolverine and Magneto among the new characters. 

21 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I fucking LOVE this game. Honestly. I understand why the young kids like Injustice better if they live in the Western side of the world. But I grew up at a time that games were mostly made and dictated by the Japan developers, and with that I became mostly a Capcom fighting player. I really like Injustice 2 and Tekken 7, but Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is easily my favorite fighting game of the year and isn't my favorite game of the year because there are two other games called NieR: Automata and Sonic Mania. Other than those, it's ahead of stuff like the other fighting games AND triple A games like Horizon: Zero Dawn. For an amateur pro fighting games player wannabe, this year was heaven though. Three games have very strong game mechanics. I understand the graphics criticism for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, but I do prefer its graphics to Injustice 2. And I know that's an unpopular opinion, but I just don't like the "realism" take that Injustice 2 went for and I actually like the character looks better in the first Injustice. Love the mechanics of the three fighting games I've talked, but I'm way too partial to Capcom to not be literally head over hills for that game. 

My biggest problem is the presentation is awful. Like the graphics, the music, the UI, all of it is pretty bad. I reaalllyyyy wanted to like this game, but I can't. Maybe I'll grow a bit more fond of it after updates fix stuff like how ridiculously beefy Spidey is. I'm not a fan of how most newcomers are DLC either. Like Black Widow, Monster Hunter, Black Panther and ESPECIALLY SIGMA should have been on the base roster. Oh well. I'll just beat the story mode and then go back to Mario Rabbids, Yakuza 0 and Metroid.

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Infinite was confirmed trash the moment they said the X-Men weren't gonna be in it

They'll be in.

As DLC.

10 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Favorite fighting games from this decade:

1. Street Fighter V

2. Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite

3. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

4. Guilty Gear Xrd: Revelator

5. Tekken 7

6. Injustice 2

7. Injustice

8. King of Fighters XIV

9. Street Fighter vs. Tekken

10. Mortal Kombat XL

No Persona 4 Arena or Smash Wii U? Disappointed.

6 minutes ago, Robertman2 Floats Too said:

My biggest problem is the presentation is awful. Like the graphics, the music, the UI, all of it is pretty bad. I reaalllyyyy wanted to like this game, but I can't. Maybe I'll grow a bit more fond of it after updates fix stuff like how ridiculously beefy Spidey is. I'm not a fan of how most newcomers are DLC either. Like Black Widow, Monster Hunter, Black Panther and ESPECIALLY SIGMA should have been on the base roster. Oh well. I'll just beat the story mode and then go back to Mario Rabbids, Yakuza 0 and Metroid.

They'll be in.

As DLC.

Hey, I don't like the model of a "game as service" as much as the next guy. But remember, this isn't a new thing. I came from a time where there was Street Fighter II, Street Fighter II Turbo, Street Fighter II Champion Edition and Super Street Fighter II. You were basically buying the same game again and again. So I kinda understand that this system sucks, but I'm mostly used to this at this point. I think the graphics will end up polished, but I just love how insane the gameplay feels. It feels familiar and at same time very tough to understand the new mechanics. Love the Infinite Gems system and how they change the gameplay. The graphics will be worked out, I'm sure, and as they are right now at least for me they are good enough. 

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Never played Persona games or Smash. I know, I suck. :( 

Dudddddeeeee, fix that. Persona 5 is the best game this year. Only Zelda and MAYBE Sonic Mania come close. It's a masterpiece.

And Smash is really good. Wii U and Melee are the best. Hell, Melee should be easy to emulate. Great game to play with a bunch of friends.

• Like 1