Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

anywayyy I know people are gonna kill me for this but I'm gonna rank the most controversial franchise for films this year: movies whose titles have exactly 5 syllables.

1. A Cure for Wellness

2. John Wick: Chapter 2

3. T2 Trainspotting

4. Personal Shopper

5. Tour de Pharmacy

6. Going in Style

7. The Zookeeper's Wife

8. Person to Person

9. My Cousin Rachel

10. The Book of Henry

11. Underworld: Blood Wars

12. Unforgettable

13. Beauty and the Beast

14. Smurfs: The Lost Village

15. Fifty Shades Darker

37 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I saw a WB logo before IT came on. It's a WB movie, just like The Force Awakens was a Disney movie.

New Line and WB are two separate studios under the same company. In the opening scene, it says "New Line presents", not "Wanrer Brothers presents". It is a WB movie but a NL production.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

New Line and WB are two separate studios under the same company. In the opening scene, it says "New Line presents", not "Wanrer Brothers presents". It is a WB movie but a NL production.

So are Lucasfilm and Marvel and yet they are called Disney films.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

So are Lucasfilm and Marvel and yet they are called Disney films.

In box office terms, they're Disney films, just as It is a WB film, BD is a Sony film, etc. In most situations, the parent studio has no control over the creative process of a sister studio such as New Line, TriStar, Marvel, etc. 

Edited by WrathOfHan

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

And yet I don't hear you or anybody yelling about how Star Wars and Marvel movies technically aren't Disney films.

You said the same studio that fucked up Joker made Pennywise such a smash, but they were made under entirely different studios. I was merely offering a correction. Yeesh.

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

You said the same studio that fucked up Joker made Pennywise such a smash, but they were made under entirely different studios. I was merely offering a correction. Yeesh.

I see people say all the time that Disney knows how to handle franchise fair when referring to Lucasfilm and Marvel and I never see any such "corrections." I hope to see you "correct" such comments in the future.

• Like 1

Just now, Zakiyyah6 said:

I see people say all the time that Disney knows how to handle franchise fair when referring to Lucasfilm and Marvel and I never see any such "corrections." I hope to see you "correct" such comments in the future.

I ended the initial post with the laughing emoticon. You're taking this way too seriously.

7 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

That same studio also gave you Heath Joker.  Disney is not the only competent studio in town.  The success of WB this year and Universal continuing to put out hits is proof of that.

I like most of WB's output and two out of four of their DCEU films. That does not mean that I'm going to sugarcoat issues. They allowed those poorly received versions of the characters to happen and it baffles me. I hope better creatives are allowed to fix that issue.

Edited by Zakiyyah6

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The only bad villain characters in the DCEU so far were Enchantress and her brother.

Amanda Waller, Harley Quinn, Deadshot, Zod, Faora were all received great by fans and audiences.

Lex was hated by many but also loved by the other half of the audience, while MCU villains no one likes, so he's also a win.

Where did you get those percentages?

5 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Thanks.

It doesn't really help though because I still can't remember what she did in the film.  Then again I saw it like 4 years ago so my memories of it are a bit foggy.

That's called a "forgettable character".

5 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I will never forgive WB for allowing the two best villains in comicdom to suffer through horrible on screen versions. Snyder's Lex and Ayer's Joker are stunningly awful in every conceivable way. Fucking up a famous evil Clown was particularly baffling considering how well the same studio handled IT.

It seems to be a common problem.   But consider that Marvel fans have it worse.   They had to watch Fox screw up Galactus, Doctor Doom (three times), and Dark Phoenix (probably twice)...and Sony screw up Venom.  At least DC fans got to see a good Lex and Joker in the past.

5 hours ago, Napoleon said:

If they consider Loki a villain those are too

Loki has actually been a villain in 2 movies though.   Harley Quinn hasn't been a villain in any movie yet.   Deadshot wasn't either...and he was just the same Will Smith we've seen in countless other movies so not exactly a great character.

Darren Aronofsky still Wants To Direct A Superman Movie

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/09/24/man-of-steel-2-director-darren-aronofsky-superman-movie/#1

It would be great if he could put his "Mother!" spin on Superman. By the way, given that both Zack Snyder and he like to use SYMBOLISM quite a lot...it will be interesting :redcapes:

I look forward to Darren's "Superman!".