Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

What is better?

a) a 2.43 (i'm gonna give you that out of pity) for a movie that opened under 100m 4 weeks before TLJ

b)a 2.53 for a movie that opened over 120m 6 weeks before TLJ and 2 weeks before a movie that you are trying to convince me that it did well

:qotd:

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

What is better?

a) a 2.43 (i'm gonna give you that out of pity) for a movie that opened under 100m 4 weeks before TLJ

b)a 2.53 for a movie that opened over 120m 6 weeks before TLJ and 2 weeks before a movie that you are trying to convince me that it did well

:qotd:

having 6 weeks before SW is better than 4 weeks. SW is a phenomenon like no other franchise can match. I know where your bias lies with that name of yours that was only created to mock reviews for BvS. Do you even like any DCEU movies ?

1 minute ago, mredman said:

having 6 weeks before SW is better than 4 weeks. SW is a phenomenon like no other franchise can match. I know where your bias lies with that name of yours that was only created to mock reviews for BvS. Do you even like any DCEU movies ?

WW was decent.

6 minutes ago, mredman said:

You keep asking that question like it really matters

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

only decent even with all the glowing reviews it got. What did you think about JL and are you looking forward to Aquaman ?

See, I have two biases. I am against identity politics(that's where my nick comes from btw, not the reason you mentioned) and i am against Snyder (because he murdered one of my favourite comics, the Watchmen).

Hence, I wasn't as impressed as the critics by WW, and I thought JL was too much of a mess to even enjoy.

I am not looking forward to anything made by James Wan.

15 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

See, I have two biases. I am against identity politics(that's where my nick comes from btw, not the reason you mentioned) and i am against Snyder (because he murdered one of my favourite comics, the Watchmen).

Hence, I wasn't as impressed as the critics by WW, and I thought JL was too much of a mess to even enjoy.

I am not looking forward to anything made by James Wan.

:winomg:Why ?

12 minutes ago, mredman said:

wow so you don't even like Conjuring movies or Annabelle, Insidious ?

The first Insidious is not good in the slightest and although I like Chapter 2 a lot more, most people do not.  Poor example.  He didn’t even do any of the Annabelle movies, and the first one is horrible so that’s an even worse example.

Conjuring movies are both pretty good to me but can see why someone might not like them

Watchmen is fantastic.

After 2010, Snyder’s films went downhill. Sucker Punch and BVS sucked ass. JL was a bore. MOS is okay but pale in comparison to his other work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Watchmen is fantastic.

After 2010, Snyder’s films went downhill. Sucker Punch and BVS sucked ass. JL was a bore. MOS is okay but pale in comparison to his other work.

I might get in trouble here, but I think Snyder actually has a competent style.  The problem is he keeps picking material that isn't suited to his style. And things like BvS aggravate his worst tendencies.  It's a bit glib to say they bring out the worst in him.  But the material certainly doesn't do him any favors.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Watchmen is fantastic.

I wouldn't say "fantastic" but it certainly showed potential, unlike those others. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

I might get in trouble here, but I think Snyder actually has a competent style.  The problem is he keeps picking material that isn't suited to his style. And things like BvS aggravate his worst tendencies.  It's a bit glib to say they bring out the worst in him.  But the material certainly doesn't do him any favors.

Hell I like Snyder a lot but this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Porthos said:

That's actually the general consensus, that Snyder is often a strong visual director, however the scripts he tends to get involved with / seems to like are often poor and lacking. 

I actually thought Watchmen was pretty good, but his films since then have only seem to have gotten worse.

• Like 1