Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Still can't believe they killed off Hicks and Newt...

I try to keep that fact out of my mind. It's an okay film (the AC not TC) but really I feel treating the characters with such disdain... unforgivable.

• Like 1

On ‎2018‎-‎03‎-‎10 at 3:29 PM, StevenG said:

There is no such thing as "perfectly bilingual" because there is no such thing as a "perfect" way of talking or communicating.

This is one thing that is really hard to grasp for most speakers of so-called Standard American English, but speaking English with a non-American/non-English accent is not inherently bad (or good).

Obviously, perception of what is a good or bad accent is not objective.  Being a French Canadian living and working  in the US, I have several colleagues from corporate visiting the local offices and it is often cringy to hear them talk with their broken English, backwards sentence structure, using the wrong words and straight up inventing words.  While I do appreciate them for their effort at what is their second language, that doesn't  mean  constructive criticism is off limits.  As far as Gal Gadot is concerned, I  usually find that she can deliver lines in a convincing manner about 95% of the time. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, langer said:

Obviously, perception of what is a good or bad accent is not objective.  Being a French Canadian living and working  in the US, I have several colleagues from corporate visiting the local offices and it is often cringy to hear them talk with their broken English, backwards sentence structure, using the wrong words and straight up inventing words.  While I do appreciate them for their effort at what is their second language, that doesn't  mean  constructive criticism is off limits.  As far as Gal Gadot is concerned, I  usually find that she can deliver lines in a convincing manner about 95% of the time. 

Very true, I'd also add - that while there is no known 'perfect' method of communication as StevenG rightly stated, there is still a 'correct' method of communication within given languages. While the rules can bend and change over time, given the context/setting/time frame those roles still hold. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

YES!!!!! For Steam. But got bored already. Playing a lot of Switch now. 

Won't be bored once that Team Four Star voice pack comes out

also hit me up with your Switch friend code at some point please

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

@Trolltastic Tele @AndyLL

Can I get a custom tag that says "The artist formerly known as iJack"? I think it'd help people to identify me. The idea was never going incognito, but to unify all my social media / message boards aliases into one. 

Just change your member title.