Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

15 minutes ago, RRA said:

Considering how much AWIT was revealed to have possibly lost, don’t be shocked if her version of the New Gods quietly fade away 

Good thing you posted this here and not the New Gods thread or your posts might have been deleted! 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Good thing you posted this here and not the New Gods thread or your posts might have been deleted! 

Hey I had to learn sometime!

On 5/8/2018 at 1:23 PM, Warmaster506 said:

The worst of the DCEU is behind us. Aquaman will start the DCEU comeback. 

Jenkins got 9 million bucks to do a sequel to a movie that wasn’t the start of the comeback?

On 5/8/2018 at 4:01 PM, aabattery said:

If you have an issue with the moderation here, I recommend sending a PM to one of the admins :)

That being said, the DC threads are more heavily moderated for a reason. We've historically had issues with them, hence the heaviness of the fist in those threads.

I get that but when it’s so “heavily moderated” to the point one might the impression that saying anything critical or construed as such about a brand will get the delete/hid treatment from the mods...see my point?

5 minutes ago, RRA said:

I get that but when it’s so “heavily moderated” to the point one might the impression that saying anything critical or construed as such about a brand will get the delete/hid treatment from the mods...see my point?

I think the mods see it as baiting or just trolling in general even if the post is fairly innocent as they've dealt with it too many times and deleting the posts seems to the easiest option rather than thread ban the poster although certain posters do still get thread banned

53 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

Nothing new here. Secret DC stans melting down cause they have to keep their fandom closeted - or else everyone would make fun of them for worshiping the most failed franchise of all time.  

3 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Nothing new here. Secret DC stans melting down cause they have to keep their fandom closeted - or else everyone would make fun of them for worshiping the most failed franchise of all time.  

...This is still the strangest take from one of the biggest DC stans on Youtube.

2 minutes ago, RandomCat said:

...This is still the strangest take from one of the biggest DC stans on Youtube.

I’m not the queen of movie reviews Grace Randolph. Just a huge fan of her high intellect and complex analytical thoughts. I’m very flattered that you think I was her though. Thank you.  You made my day 

Edited by GraceRandolph

1 hour ago, GraceRandolph said:

I’m not the queen of movie reviews Grace Randolph. Just a huge fan of her high intellect and complex analytical thoughts. I’m very flattered that you think I was her though. Thank you.  You made my day 

You aren't very good at this, are you?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Next thing you're gonna tell us that @POTUS is not Donald Trump

12 hours ago, aabattery said:

I just want his Dam Busters movie. Or something with his planes.

Dude went out and bought every plane in the world and has done nothing with them (except make some neat museums).

God, I could not agree with you more. As a WW2 aviation buff, I am sick of Jackson eternally talking about his Dam Busters movie but never actually pulling the trigger on the thing.

And if Jackson is doing another Middle Earth movie, count me out. It would be something he pulled out of his butt, with little connection to Tolkien, and I saw enough of that with his "additions" to The Hobbit. Unless he gets the rights to the Simarallion, just give it up, Peter.

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:23 AM, Warmaster506 said:

The worst of the DCEU is behind us. Aquaman will start the DCEU comeback. 

We have heard this before....

Problem with DC is they have a good film like WW but then blow the momentum with a film like JL. Maybe the new management will change that. But the DCU needs consistency..a steady stream of films that people like rather then endless up and down.

Just finished reading Alan Moore's Jerusalem (still not sure what to think of it if I'm honest, a chore in parts, a delight in others). Anyway, found a great quote while reading some more about the guy online.

This is a significant rump of the superhero-addicted, mainstream-addicted audience. I don’t think the superhero stands for anything good. I think it’s a rather alarming sign if we’ve got audiences of adults going to see the Avengers movie and delighting in concepts and characters meant to entertain the 12-year-old boys of the 1950s.

Felt like it summed up the comicbook boys here quite well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

We have heard this before....

Problem with DC is they have a good film like WW but then blow the momentum with a film like JL. Maybe the new management will change that. But the DCU needs consistency..a steady stream of films that people like rather then endless up and down.

JL was a troubled production and I think WB knew they would have to suck it up, they were fortunate that Wonder Woman was a huge hit. Aquaman, Shazam and WW2 hopefully should bring stability as they're the first without the previous creatives.

• Like 1