Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

LMAO @ this thread and people suffering from amnesiac bouts. That DCEU slate is the same as shown in San Diego Comic Con in July. There's nothing new or omitted here. Margot Robbie and the Nightwing director have still been talking about their developing DC projects since. Ditto for The Rock bringing on Rampage screenwriter for Black Adam even when BA wasn't on the list.

• Like 3

I'm a bit excited for Black Panther to be honest. I only wish Marvel would take things more serious and emotional. I would love if the BP and Infinity War movies would have the tone of its trailers. It's not dark and depressing. But it's not trying hard to be funny either. Too bad Marvel tricked me with trailers before, that's the only reason I don't get too excited.

In my opinion Wonder Woman have the best tone for a superhero movie. It had jokes but it was organic, it wasn't forced humor added to break the seriousness of the situations. It was not copying the MCU tone like some people say. I would have hated it if that was the case. The movie didn't shy away from taking things serious and emotional, or talking about racism and sexism and war. It's insane how WB took the wrong lesson with this movie. JL had the potential to replicate the same result, all the ingredients were there.

• Like 1

Regarding DC films, in my mind I'm sure they have a lot of films "in development" but right now, I'd say they're serious about:

Aquaman

Wonder Woman 2

The Batman

Nightwing

Shazam

Some kind of Harley Quinn movie

Suicide Squad 2

That's it for now. And until they actually start casting, picking directors, and setting dates, I don't take any other film talk seriously.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Just the fact that this is basically comic books the thread, shows how badly we need James Cameron to save cinema.

...Saving cinema means endless Avatar sequels...ok...

Not like he could do something - uhm - original...

• Thanks 1

Just now, Brainbug said:

...Saving cinema means endless Avatar sequels...ok...

Not like he could do something - uhm - original...

It's far from endless, it has a planned end in 2025. When is the end of cape? Who knows who knows.

Also please don't forget that Avatar isn't based on 50 year old comic books, it's a completely original works made by James Cameron himself.

It's not a film franchise without a sequel. Avatar 2 will be the one of the most original sequels of all time, aswell as highest grosser of all time.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

It's far from endless, it has a planned end in 2025. When is the end of cape? Who knows who knows.

Also please don't forget that Avatar isn't based on 50 year old comic books, it's a completely original works made by James Cameron himself.

It's not a film franchise without a sequel. Avatar 2 will be the one of the most original sequels of all time, aswell as highest grosser of all time.

It was made from  Pocahontis which why Disney wants to get their rights back from Fox.  

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I wonder, what will you do if Avatar 2 misses 2 Billion? Just in theory, what would be your reaction? I am really interested.

Just now, Brainbug said:

I wonder, what will you do if Avatar 2 misses 2 Billion? Just in theory, what would be your reaction? I am really interested.

Honestly I would meltdown and flame the general audience. It's not something we have to worry about though.

I say with utmost confidence, $2b is nothing for Avatar 2.

Avatar is easily Cameron’s worst movie, it’s solid (like a B- but the 3D made it more watchable but it’s very forgettable.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Suburious said:

Parts of it. I know it was an inspiration for Star Wars and they have similar story lines. Avatar is cinéma it is a blockbuster for the eyes. 

Nothing is original as everything comes from certain inspirations, Jim retold a classic story simply and brilliantly. The only similarities come on a basic level.

2 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Avatar is easily Cameron’s worst movie, it’s solid (like a B- but the 3D made it more watchable but it’s very forgettable.

agreed, except for the 3d part