Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, MCKillswitch123 said:

I hear people talk about #3, and nobody cares about #1. That's the key difference, right there.

Again, read the thread. This is basic logic folks. What we have here is a self-defeating argument. I know the PIGS aren't having a great economic time right now, but are their education systems really bearing the brunt? 

I'm just waiting for Avatar 2's inevitable and sizable domestic drop. Sure that number will still say HIT but that drop is coming. Yes, yes the OS will increase but OS also saved XXX The Return of Xander Cage so it doesn't speak highly to their critical taste in film.

10 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Again, read the thread. This is basic logic folks. What we have here is a self-defeating argument. I know the PIGS aren't having a great economic time right now, but are their education systems really bearing the brunt? 

Self-defeating arguments would require for me to admit absolute superiority. Which is impossible in this case because while #1 made more money, absolutely nobody cares about its existence, whereas #3 is actually talked about by pretty much everyone. WHICH, I have to say, explains your insecurity: you're so bummed that no one talks about Avatar that you try to shove it down everyone's throats constantly.

So, you throw self-defeatism at me, yet you're the one who has the urge to publish and troll non-stop on the internet to remind others and yourself of James Cameron. Insecurity in a nutshell.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

3 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

I'm just waiting for Avatar 2's inevitable and sizable domestic drop. 

Are we assuming the US will still count as domestic in 2020? I guess that could happen if the economy keeps growing as it has since Trump's election... the dollar really is strong right now. 

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Self-defeating arguments would require for me to admit absolute superiority. Which is impossible in this case because while #1 made more money, absolutely nobody cares about its existence, whereas #3 is actually talked about by pretty much everyone. WHICH, I have to say, explains your insecurity: you're so bummed that no one talks about Avatar that you try to shove it down everyone's throats constantly.

So, you throw self-defeatism at me, yet you're the one who has the urge to publish and troll non-stop on the internet to remind others and yourself of James Cameron. Insecurity in a nutshell.

Okay, I'll type in as simple English as I can so that you might understand. This is your argument in its most simple form. 

1. Nobody cares/talks about Avatar (A)

Now your statement A is in direct contradiction with itself. In speaking about A you're directly negating your exact proposition (1). 

How are you not understanding me? Self-defeat has no relation in any school of logic I know of to absolutes or superiority either. 

1 minute ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Okay, I'll type in as simple English as I can so that you might understand. This is your argument in its most simple form. 

1. Nobody cares/talks about Avatar (A)

Now your statement A is in direct contradiction with itself. In speaking about A you're directly negating your exact proposition (1). 

How are you not understanding me? Self-defeat has no relation in any school of logic I know of to absolutes or superiority either. 

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Only a trolling and/or insecure fool would actually go for THAT argument. You know damn well what am I talking about when I say "nobody cares about Avatar".

If this post doesn't scream out how utterly insecure you are, I don't know what else does. Get a life, dude.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Get a life, dude.

And there it is. You have to resort to petty ad hominems. In for a penny, in for a pound I guess. Please, focus more on the state of your own education and then come back when you have a reading age above that of my 7 year old niece. 

Just now, RandomYojimbo said:

Still haven't seen Titanic or Avatar. (Or like any Cameron movie, now that I think about it.)

That's pretty impressive dude, see you at the midnight release we can discuss it more then.

• Haha 1

Just now, RobrtmanAStarWarsReference said:

Beauty and the Beast made more than Terminator 2, therefore Beauty and the Beast is better

better at what? Making money? (the only objective measure we have of films)

Yeah it is. I don't see your point here.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Proof that James Cameron only makes indie films:

121f296171d7f7c2da7511f737ba711d.png

Hahaha. I love this. 

Could you imagine if I had as many posts as everyone else on this forum combined? And then had a dollar for every single one of those posts?!

I still wouldn't have as much as Avatar made. ;)

• Haha 1