Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reallyreally really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really wish I could start a Ant-Man and the Wasp over Justice League domestic and worldwide club. You guys suck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really reallyreally really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really wish I could start a Ant-Man and the Wasp over Justice League domestic and worldwide club. You guys suck.

If that club ever happened I'd be IN for Domestic but OUT Worldwide

10 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

If that club ever happened I'd be IN for Domestic but OUT Worldwide

I think it can do 250m domestic and 700m worldwide. It's gonna be so fuckin funny when the flavor of the week out does JL and I won't get the full potential of hilarity cause the mods don't like fun. Ant Man was a pleasant  surprise and fans really loved him in CW. Another 70m domestic and 111 foreign after 3 yrs of inflation doesn't seem like a tall order (pun intended ) for this film to accomplish. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

It would be funny if AMatW out grossed BP 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eddyxx said:

We're allowed.

We just have to make it Ant-Man > $650m WW and not mention JL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 12/31/2017 at 8:20 PM, IronJimbo said:

It's the franchise with the highest grossing film of all time and leads the franchises with the highest average gross list.

Agreed. Every film of Avatar franchise has beaten every film except TFA.

7 hours ago, eddyxx said:

So you want to bait more fanboy wars, then.

Some people really do want to watch the world burn.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:22 AM, New Year New Panda said:

I personally think the fantastic beast movies need to get better.

Agreed. FB was enjoyable , but not nearly as memorable as the Potter books/films. For one thing, the charecters were not nearly as interesting and engaging as in the Harry Potter series.

22 hours ago, eddyxx said:

I think it can do 250m domestic and 700m worldwide. It's gonna be so fuckin funny when the flavor of the week out does JL and I won't get the full potential of hilarity cause the mods don't like fun. Ant Man was a pleasant  surprise and fans really loved him in CW. Another 70m domestic and 111 foreign after 3 yrs of inflation doesn't seem like a tall order (pun intended ) for this film to accomplish. 

I kinda feel bad for AM&TW. First movie had to overcome the Edgar Wright mess and coming out as AOU feeling like an after thought, but (1) turned out decent (2) AOU disappointed a lot of folks which gave AM room to pleasantly "surprise" some folks. 

And the sequel in this year of BP and IW still gets no respect. 

16 hours ago, dudalb said:

Agreed. FB was enjoyable , but not nearly as memorable as the Potter books/films. For one thing, the charecters were not nearly as interesting and engaging as in the Harry Potter series.

having 7 films about you does tend to make you more more memorable.

Only 6 films have ever made a billion dollars overseas and yet Avatar made $2b dollars overseas.

Avatar made more overseas than The Avengers combined, TFA+TLJ, DH1 + DH2.. how can anyone hope to compete?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

Only 6 films have ever made a billion dollars overseas and yet Avatar made $2b dollars overseas.

Avatar made more overseas than The Avengers combined, TFA+TLJ, DH1 + DH2.. how can anyone hope to compete?

Well the exchange rate was different in 2009-2010 than it is currently.

On 18-1-2018 at 7:50 PM, dudalb said:

Harry Potter isn’t memorable at all unless you are a geeky nerd🤓!!

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Jim has given hollywood 20 years to beat Titanic and they still couldn't manage it.

They even used absolutely everything they had and the kitchen sink to beat him in 2015, the biggest named director who would take the project, the biggest marketing campaign for a film of all time and the biggest franchise they had which everyone knows and loves.

I guess they forgot the final step, make a groundbreaking movie. Oh well.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Jim has given hollywood 20 years to beat Titanic and they still couldn't manage it.

They even used absolutely everything they had and the kitchen sink to beat him in 2015, the biggest named director who would take the project, the biggest marketing campaign for a film of all time and the biggest franchise they had which everyone knows and loves.

I guess they forgot the final step, make a groundbreaking movie. Oh well.

They also forgot the ultimate secret - Only JC can beat JC. 

• Like 1