Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, That One Guy said:

If you live in the UK, that means you're not a US citizen.

There it is again. One of the many reasons that I left the US was our failing education system, one you are patently a product of. 

You assumed that because I reside here in the UK that I am a UK National, A does not entail B. I have stated many times, I am a US citizen residing in the UK ergo, I can still vote. 

Also your initial comment is also incorrect - although I shouldn't have to point it out - you stated 'non-residents can't vote', then you back up your claim you provided a source that shows that only 'non-citizens' can't vote. 

Really not the sharpest tools in the shed around here are there?  

5 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

There it is again. One of the many reasons that I left the US was our failing education system, one you are patently a product of. 

You assumed that because I reside here in the UK that I am a UK National, A does not entail B. I have stated many times, I am a US citizen residing in the UK ergo, I can still vote. 

Also your initial comment is also incorrect - although I shouldn't have to point it out - you stated 'non-residents can't vote', then you back up your claim you provided a source that shows that only 'non-citizens' can't vote. 

Really not the sharpest tools in the shed around here are there?  

Lol dude Jesus.  You could've just stated from the start that you were a US citizen living in London instead of being vague as to how you could vote for your first two posts before claiming the education system is failing me and not so subtly calling me an idiot, all because you didn't make yourself clear.

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Lol dude Jesus.  You could've just stated from the start that you were a US citizen living in London instead of being vague as to how you could vote for your first two posts before claiming the education system is failing me and not so subtly calling me an idiot, all because you didn't make yourself clear.

Apologies, I assumed your reading comprehension was above that of a 3rd-grader. 

7 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

As I said, I don't blame him, I blame the US education system. It's a total mess. Failing many people. Bigly. 

Stereotyping that’ll get your points across.

6 minutes ago, AndyK said:

You say that like the UK system is any better.

In most metrics the UK places quite considerably above the US. Although again, you're assuming I was defending the UK system, which certainly isn't perfect, when I wasn't. 

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Stereotyping that’ll get your points across.

Of course it won't. I've begun to realize that I should start sending my messages in the form of nursery rhymes if I want certain people to have a clear understanding of my point(s). 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar

@That One Guy you are wrong. 

Any US citizen can vote in an American election. As long as one has not formally, in writing to the State Department, not renounced their citizenship they can request an absentee ballot. Living abroad does not discount ones citizenship. 

Wow, just wow at how civics class is failing the youth of today. Wait, do high schools even still have a Civics class? That may be part of the problem.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Craig said:

@That One Guy you are wrong. 

Any US citizen can vote in an American election. As long as one has not formally, in writing to the State Department, not renounced their citizenship they can request an absentee ballot. Living abroad does not discount ones citizenship. 

Wow, just wow at how civics class is failing the youth of today. Wait, do high schools even still have a Civics class? That may be part of the problem.

Having an educated and politically engaged population isn't something either of the wings of US politics want at the moment. 

I regard the documentary Manufacturing Consent to be a really great primer on it. Even if I do disagree with Chomsky on many things (most notable linguistics actually), he really has a lot of important things to say re: the current US system. 

Edited by JamesCameronScholar
  • Like 1

Just now, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

I always knew that DCEU could always go DEEPER. Finally, it is about to happen. DCEU never lets me down !

Michael Bay Eyed to Direct ‘Lobo’ Movie for DC

http://collider.com/michael-bay-lobo-movie/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=collidersocial#images

What on earth is Lobo

2 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

Actually, you don't need to know who he is. The point here is that there is the special union of DCEU with Michael Bay...the two just complement each other in such a perfect way. 

hmm is this a backhand at DC?