WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg44): Spectre 73 | Peanuts 45 | Martian 9.3 | Goosebumps 6.9 | Spies 6.09 | Important forum announcement in first post.

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

As I always do post watching the movies, I decided to read the RT reviews. The first 5 reviews I opened were all rated fresh with 2/5 and 2.5/5 scores. Now a 3/5 being either rotten or fresh is possible, but a 2/5 and 2.5/5 being fresh makes no sense. I wonder if it is the critic's decision or RT's decision in the end.

The critic has control over it.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

As I always do post watching the movies, I decided to read the RT reviews. The first 5 reviews I opened were all rated fresh with 2/5 and 2.5/5 scores. Now a 3/5 being either rotten or fresh is possible, but a 2/5 and 2.5/5 being fresh makes no sense. I wonder if it is the critic's decision or RT's decision in the end.

Supposedly, RT assigns the Fresh/Rotten when they add the review and by their own rules a 2/5 or 2/5 shouldn't be fresh.  I used to believe it was the publication or reviewer responsible but last year a reviewer from a major publication/site said he'd never submitted a review to RT let alone a fresh/rotten along with it.   Now some might add their own reviews but if so it's not an across the board thing.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Supposedly, RT assigns the Fresh/Rotten when they add the review and by their own rules a 2/5 or 2/5 shouldn't be fresh.  I used to believe it was the publication or reviewer responsible but last year a reviewer from a major publication/site said he'd never submitted a review to RT let alone a fresh/rotten along with it.   Now some might add their own reviews but if so it's not an across the board thing.

Critics do have control if they choose to participate. Some don't and RT just adds them anyway, lol.

• Like 2

Just now, grim22 said:

CJohn, Universal denied you the record you wanted to see broken using the "We stopped tracking the movie" loophole. You must not be happy :)

And I hope every single movie Universal releases bomb until the day they are forced to declare bankruptcy. They fucking took that away from me. They had no right to do it. Of course before they go down Vin Diesel MUST direct a Fast & Furious movie.

Crimson Peak is a Legendary Pictures movie from director Guillermo Del Toro. And I am sure Tele will like it.

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Brad Brevet has really brought BOM back to somewhat prominence again. Timely updates and previews/roundup articles. His analysis is still not that great but after the dark Simanton days, it is back to the early Ray days. 

Oh wow, they've even updated the Finnish box office charts. Because that's what matters the most.