WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

No Finale Effect whatsoever, NONE.

A part of GA just simply didn't give a fuck about Katniss anymore.

first of all could you stop your weirdly voyeuristic negativity for once. second, chances are the people that cared about katniss have remained consistent throughout all four movies, and the first two movies had added audience who were there for the spectacle of the games, which makes perfect sense given how big said audience was. the bigger the audience gets the more of it will be casual.

and i mean think about the big picture, we have mj1 and mj2, with virtually no GA-friendly hook, doing 650m dom / 1.45b ww together. that's a sign this franchise performed extremely well, not poorly

5 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

Nah, I think I predicted 10m for it or something. I didn't expect it to do well, because Sony had been "ho-hum" with their marketing.

Not to mention-R rated Christmas comedies just don't seem to go together-outside of Bad Santa I don't think there has been a major one ever, I have to look into that.

And as I said before I think people are just tired of Troll Rogan.

I saw a trailer for Coopers at Spectre-the film had a few laughs but nothing big.

• Like 2

Just now, Impact said:

Not to mention-R rated Christmas comedies just don't seem to go together-outside of Bad Santa I don't think there has been a major one ever, I have to look into that.

I saw a trailer for Coopers at Spectre-the film had a few laughs but nothing big.

I saw a review of LTC, and they said the highlight of the film was the WTF ending. Lol, that can't be good.

Just now, Impact said:

Titanic had a gimmick?

titanic is an amazing movie and deserves its success but a disaster like that is a gimmick. but if you don't see that as a gimmick that means mj1 and titanic are the only ones, what kind of elite club...

17 minutes ago, GumbyandPokey said:

The biggest problem with The Night Before was that they cut a trailer that didn't have a single laugh in it.  Saw it before Spectre and there was dead silence in the audience.

Pretty much. The ad campaign was largely muted and unpersuasive.

13 minutes ago, Impact said:

Nope. Bad Santa was the highest grossing one, the next was A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas  3d, which grossed 35m

1 minute ago, Travod said:

For Friday or weekend? If Friday, yasssss

It's on Deadline. 62K is for the weekend with four theatres estimated at $249K for the weekend. (A 62K Friday for a single theatre would be completely boffo!)

Of course, take all this with a grain of salt... Steve Jobs is sitting on the record PTA for the year and look how that turned out.

No update on Spotlight.

• Like 1