WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (pg49): Mockingjay 101M | Spectre 14.6M | Night Before 10.1M | SITE 6.63M

I add this again, this thread is so fast people could miss it ^^"

USA :

MJ1 OW : $123m

MJ2 OW : $101m

MJ2 decreased by 18%

FRANCE :

MJ1 OW : $10.8m

MJ2 OW : $7m

MJ2 decreased by 35%

UK :

MJ1 OW : $19.8m

MJ2 OW : $17m

MJ2 decreased by 14%

CHINA :

MJ1 OW : $21.9m

MJ2 OW : $16m

MJ2 decreased by 23%

GERMANY :

MJ1 OW : $12.5m

MJ2 OW : $14m

MJ2 increased by 12%

What do you think about that?

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 dominated global box office at the weekend, powered by an estimated $146m international haul from 87 markets.

LIONSGATE INTERNATIONAL

The 32,500-screen debut outside North America marks Lionsgate’s widest ever release as the action-thriller opened top in 81 markets to deliver the fifth biggest international debut of the year-to-date.

The UK led the way for The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 2 on $17.1m from 1,560 screens, followed by China on $16.4m from 13,000, Germany on $14.4m from 661, Mexico on $8.7m from 3,472 and France on $7.1m from 833.

Elsewhere, Australia generated $6.8m from 623, Brazil on $6.8m from 1,245, Russia on $6.7m from 2,400, Venezuela with yet another impressive result on $5.6m from 97 and Italy on $4.3m from 615.

Sources said the debuts improved on those of Mockingjay – Part 1 in Germany, Mexico and most of Latin America.

Overall, the four films in The Hunger Games franchise have produced $2.6bn worldwide to date.

Mockingjay - Part 2 is scheduled to open in Spain this week as Lionsgate chiefs steered clear of this weekend’s local champion Spanish Affairs 2.

Solid opening for The Night Before since it was basically dumped by Sony with no marketing push. 

Next week FOX dumps Victor Frankenstein in one of the weirdest dumping movies ever. I think dumping it in September/October or January would have been better for it. It would have done some money. Instead it is DOA. 

I am here for The Good Dinosaur and Creed. Come fast Wednesday.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

101.25m estimate aka we're scrambling to get it above 100m & not make it look like a fudge. Wp Lionsgate.

They are gonna Paramount it to stay over the 100M mark. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

The Night Before and The Walk. More proof JGL is box office poison.

I agree with this. One of the worst poisons walking around nowadays. The man is a walking box office bomb. 

Time to cast him on True Detective season 3.