mmacader

Monday Numbers

1 hour ago, misafeco said:

People predicted MJ1 worse legs than THG and CF. They did the same mistake again this year. It's much more easier to get better legs with a smaller OW.

I don't know what that means, but ok.

Sure but also logically follows that if something opens way down from it's predecessors it might just not do as well.

7 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Sure but also logically follows that if something opens way down from it's predecessors it might just not do as well.

Examples? Big movie with max 2.8 multi followed with sequel which dropped around 20% or more on OW and finished with worse legs. I know, it's specific, but these are key elements imo.

29 minutes ago, misafeco said:

Examples? Big movie with max 2.8 multi followed with sequel which dropped around 20% or more on OW and finished with worse legs. I know, it's specific, but these are key elements imo.

lolololololol, we're done here.

Sun-Mon drop is not that much better than the earier films drops, but the Sunday drop was better than CF or MJ1 too.

Weekend/Monday:

HG: 14.1

CF: 12.8

MJ1: 13.6

MJ2: 12.0

CF's Monday was bigger because of the weekend sellouts, but the Tuesday bump was smaller. If MJ2 can achieve an increase on Tuesday similar to MJ1, the early legs will be better. Late legs are a different story, we'll see how much it can make against Star Wars. Now it's behind MJ1 by almost 20M, so another 17M and it falls under 300M by the end.