kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers | 10.4 M THG: MOCKINGJAY II | 6.56 M THE GOOD DINOSAUR | 6.46 M CREED

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

There's this huge beach fire going on in town tonight and nearly everyone in my grade is invited (except me cause my ex's best friend is hosting it and after 8 months they are still sooooo childish)

Enjoy this time of your life. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, damienroc said:

Looks like 2015 has fallen behind 2012 and is in a dead heat with 2013. It probably will come back thanks to Star Wars, but it's really showing how top heavy this year has been.

SW should definitely pull it ahead, but yeah this year at the BO will essentially be all about the DOM top ten, and everything else was an afterthought. May be the first year since '08 we don't get 30 100m grossers either. We're at 24 and TGD, Creed, and SW are the only other three locked to do it. Good chance for Joy and The Hateful Eight but that would still bring it to just 29. Daddy's Home would probably be the only potential #30. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

SW should definitely pull it ahead, but yeah this year at the BO will essentially be all about the DOM top ten, and everything else was an afterthought. May be the first year since '08 we don't get 30 100m grossers either. We're at 24 and TGD, Creed, and SW are the only other three locked to do it. Good chance for Joy and The Hateful Eight but that would still bring it to just 29. Daddy's Home would probably be the only potential #30. 

Daddy's Home is a super flop waiting to happen. The Revenant, Sisters, Alvin 4 and In The Heart of the Sea all have a better chance to reach the mark (and I don't think any of them will do it either). 

Just now, CJohn said:

Daddy's Home is a super flop waiting to happen. The Revenant, Sisters, Alvin 4 and In The Heart of the Sea all have a better chance to reach the mark (and I don't think any of them will do it either). 

Ferrell is far more bankable at the BO in a comedy than Fey or Poehler, so I for sure disagree with Sisters having a better shot. Semi-Pro is one of the only times Ferrell has had a dud at the BO in a straight up comedy this millennium. All the rest pretty much adjust to 100 or more. Get Hard didn't look any better than Daddy's Home, and still pulled $90m. And Daddy's Home looks like a light PG-13 that is trying to target most of the family for Xmas. So I definitely think Daddy's Home has a chance at 100.

Heart of the Sea is going to take a massive second weekend nosedive making it nearly impossible for it to hit 100 unless it pulls like a 40m+ OW, which I highly doubt. Alvin will need massive SW sellout overflows to hit 100, and even then I doubt it. Next to no chance for The Revenant since Inarritu does not make films for mainstream audiences and it sounds like that is especially true for this one. So yeah, definitely sticking with DH as the only potential #30. Assuming Hateful Eight and Joy even make 100, which are no locks either. 

• Like 1

Daddy's Home is gonna be lucky to do 30M DOM. It is absolutely impossible to come close to 100M.

I also clearly said I don't think any of them will 100M. In fact, if you look at my signature you will see predictions for 3 of the 4 movies I said that had a chance at the 100M. 

10 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Daddy's Home is gonna be lucky to do 30M DOM. It is absolutely impossible to come close to 100M.

I totally disagree. Ferrell has never gone that low in this kind of a movie, and there's no reason to expect him to start now. Again, especially since it looks like they're trying to give it a family skew which will be appealing over Xmas. If families just want to laugh and don't want something like SW, I can honestly see DH being the top choice. Remember, even Jack and Jill grossed 75m releasing as a family skewed comedy over the Holidays. You can't tell me DH's marketing has made it look worse than that. 

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I totally disagree. Ferrell has never gone that low in this kind of a movie, and there's no reason to expect him to start now. Again, especially since it looks like they're trying to give it a family skew which will be appealing over Xmas. If families just want to laugh and don't want something like SW, I can honestly see DH being the top choice. Remember, even Jack and Jill grossed 75m releasing as a family skewed comedy over the Holidays. You can't tell me DH's marketing has made it look worse than that. 

Semi-Pro did 33M. It is not impossible. 

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Which is still like 40m today, and not released over the Holidays either. I say 50 bare minimum for DH, and it really should be pulling 75 with ease. 

I will be absolute shocked if DH goes anywhere near 50M, but I have been wrong before :lol:

I actually do hope you are right. I like my box office big and exciting. I also like big funny bombs, but we already have Point Break for that.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I also clearly said I don't think any of them will 100M. In fact, if you look at my signature you will see predictions for 3 of the 4 movies I said that had a chance at the 100M. 

You were expecting TGD to be the second coming of Frozen by the looks of it.