Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

The last question mark for this Oscar race is the Gus Van Sant movie nobody saw, screenplay by Matt Damon and John Krasinski.It s called Promised Land and it s out on December 28th.With this and Hitchcock, all majors contenders are known.

Les Mis is sweeping the biggies. BP, BD, Supporting Actress, maybe Actor, Adapted Script is also likely. It`s based on the play that`s based on the classic novel. Can`t miss.

Don't see it winning Actor. Though I think Crowe could possibly win for Supporting. It's not backed by fact but just a feeling.It'll get nominated for screenplay but I doubt it wins. Though, No Country won adapted for shooting practically word for word from the book. But ten again Tom Hooper isn't the Coens.

The last question mark for this Oscar race is the Gus Van Sant movie nobody saw, screenplay by Matt Damon and John Krasinski.It s called Promised Land and it s out on December 28th.With this and Hitchcock, all majors contenders are known.

Yeah I don't get where the buzz is coming from.

Yeah I don't get where the buzz is coming from.

It's about pedigree. You have Damon and Van Sant doing a socially-conscious drama about a real issue released at the end of the year. I see no reason why it can't be in the Oscar discussion given their track records. Unfortunately, the trailer doesn't do much to push it further up or further down my list.

Les Mis could also go terribly wrong if they're not careful.

True but it won`t. That they were singing live already shows a step in the right direction. I never cared for I Dreamed a Dream but Anne`s performence really got me into the song precisely because she was also pouring her heart into it actingwise.

Good news for us Lincoln haters. The movie is seen and it`s boring taklfest that takes palce in salons. No showing of hardships of slavery so I guess it isn`t emotional. Django`s so gonna stop on this one.

Please, if anything that's a sign that Spielberg is dialling down the saccharine and emotional manipulation with the film. If he wanted to go War Horse with this film you'd have lots of battle scenes and lots of slave hardship and freedom scenes.Making the film more of a political procedural is EXACTLY what Spielberg needed to do and good on him for going that way.