Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Meh my REAL Oscar predictions:Breaking Dawn 2 (Blockbuster nod)Oogieloves (They love these indies)The Possesion (They really will go nuts!)House at the End of the Street (Well Jennifer Lawrence has this in the bag)Silent Hill 2That's My Boy (There comedy pic)Ghost Rider 2 (Hey it stars a Oscar winner!)For a Good Time Call...(Well it has 2 women a the leads!)High School (Oh yeah):P

I'm seeing "The Sessions" mentioned a bit in the acting threads but not here. Remember-the last film to win 2 acting Oscars without a pic nod was Hud in the 1960s. Now not saying it will be nominated, i just find this intresting.

I didn't say they would win. But I was commenting on how I saw them both listed for nominations.

I'm seeing "The Sessions" mentioned a bit in the acting threads but not here. Remember-the last film to win 2 acting Oscars without a pic nod was Hud in the 1960s. Now not saying it will be nominated, i just find this intresting.

:P

I should add that people are saying Hunt and Hawkes are frontrunners. So I'm just surprised that nobody has it in this thread. I don't know that much about the film though :P

Lots of films out there but no reviews yet. So hard to judge it's chances.

To be fair, though, I think Cold Mountain would have made the Best Picture cut under the current system. Its position as a prestige picture that was generally more admired than loved (and still snagged a few below the line nominations) is similar to that of War Horse last year.

It is possible then we could actually have the first winner for best drama not to be nominated for picture in 50 years.

Globe wins don't affect Oscar nominations because the deadline for nomination submissions has always been before the Globes aired.