Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

1. Les Miserables (Predicted Winner)

2. Argo (The Academy ate this baby up :P)

3. Lincoln

4. Life of Pi

5. Amour (One can hope......)

6. Silver Linings Playbook

7. Zero Dark Thirty

8. Django Unchained

9. Anna Karenina

10. Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Just a gut feeling)

Below the cut:

11. The Master

12. The Impossible

13. Flight

14. Moonrise Kingdom

15. The Sessions

16. Beasts of the Souther Wild

17. Cloud Atlas

18. The Dark Knight Rises

19. Hope Springs

20. Looper

I am not sure about Life of Pi getting a nom ...The biggest wild card of the year remains Django and 0 Dark 30 but there isn't a canadian director to beat this year so Kathryn won't be needed to fuck him up.Les Miz sweep is bound to happen.

1a. Les Miserables (One of the 2 frontrunners on paper, still mostly unknown though)1b. Lincoln (The mostly positive reactions and some downright raves combined with the material to make it a frontrunner)3. Argo 4. Silver Linings Playbook5. The Impossible6. Zero Dark Thirty7. Life of Pi8. The Master9. Flight10. Promised LandJust a Bit OutsideA. AmourB. Django UnchainedC. Beasts of the Southern WildD. HitchcockE. The Dark Knight RisesF. Moonrise Kingdom

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1

I think Tommy Lee Jones hurt Django's chances badly. With his addition to Best Supporting Race, chances are getting slimmer that someone from DU can sneak in. Then with no acting noms, best picture gets cloudy, and then with no best picture, best original screenplay is gone. Right now i have Flight, Promised land, Anna Karenina, and Zero Dark Thirty above it. Whoever loses out on last couple spots of Best Original Screenplay nom won't get nommed for best picture.Anyways, predictions!1. Silver Linings Playbook2. Argo3. Lincoln4. Les Miserable5. The Master6. Life of Pi7. Zero Dark Thirty8. Anna Karenina9. Flight10. Promised Land--11. Armour12. Beasts of Southern Wild13. Django Unchained14. Moonrise Kingdom15. The Dark Knight Rises

Edited by JackO

Update:ArgoThe HobbitLes MiserbelesLife of PiLincolnThe MasterMoonrise KingdomSilver Linings Playbook

Took me a while to find this. I now think Master might not get nominated. I think Pi, Les M. and Lincoln all have a solid shot at winning. Flight I think I might put back on here.

Took me a while to find this. I now think Master might not get nominated. I think Pi, Les M. and Lincoln all have a solid shot at winning. Flight I think I might put back on here.

yeah, I agree, I feel really bad for kicking The Master out of BP, and BD, but I think its probably what's gonna happen.

Locks are Argo, Lincoln and SLP because they are seen and are getting enough buzz to break top 8-9-10 whatever nominees there will be. Argo and Lincoln are also locks for Director. Not sold on Russell yet.Les Miz is a a lock sight unseen and that means no lock at all. At the moment. Most likely will be a frontrunner but as of now, only 3 are locked and loaded.

When did everyone become so sure of SLP as a lock? Last I heard it was a dark horse at best. And what the heck is The Impossible and Promised Land? Everyone's predictions sure are looking a lot different lately. Glad to see more people coming around to the idea of Les Mis sweeping though. That's been what I've had my money on all along.

Edited by MovieMan89

When did everyone become so sure of SLP as a lock? Last I heard it was a dark horse at best. And what the heck is The Impossible and Promised Land? Everyone's predictions sure are looking a lot different lately. Glad to see more people coming around to the idea of Les Mis sweeping though. That's been what I've had my money on all along.

SLP became a lock the moment the Toronto Film Festival orgasmed all over it.
  • Like 3

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Q7vYhtfNM9ULooks good, but a bit lightweight.Best Actor got a lot more complicated for sure though.

Awkward moment when the same song was used in an Assassins Creed video game trailer a long time ago.

Well, I am not a believer in Impossible so Ill those fans have their say with that but Promised Land is Van Sant, Damon, Krasinki. Written by Eggars, Damon, Krasinski. Looks a lot like Good WIll Hunting.