Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Mainly Oscar chances, but obviously a bit of the latter. That's the case whenever someone ranks the films. Your personal opinion and what you think the Academy will go for plays a big part of it. I'm not putting Les Mis at #1 because I don't like putting movies that haven't opened at the very top. After seeing SLP, I don't think it has much of a shot at winning.

Edited by RichWS

Mainly Oscar chances, but obviously a bit of the latter. That's the case whenever someone ranks the films. Your personal opinion and what you think the Academy will go for plays a big part of it. I'm not putting Les Mis at #1 because I don't like putting movies that haven't opened at the very top. After seeing SLP, I don't think it has much of a shot at winning.

Of the ones you've seen, which ones did you like the best?

Les Miserables

Argo

Lincoln

Silver Linings Playbook

Life of Pi

The Master

Zero Dark Thirty

Beasts of the Southern Wild

Amour

Django Unchained

Moonrise Kingdom

The Dark Knight Rises

Skyfall

Green- Virtual locks

Orange- Probably contenders

Red- Longshots

1. Les Mis

2. Lincoln

3. ZD30

4. Argo

5. Life of Pi

6. Amour

7. Silver Linings (This is a Surefire nomination, but it won't come within miles of winning)

8. Django Unchained

9. Moonrise Kindom

10. The Master

I'm predicting 7 or 8 Nominations. I think that this year there are enough really strong movies to coalesce support around maybe 7 or 8 movies. There will be about 5 or 6 main contenders and 1 or 2 small indie movies dragged in on Prestige and Extreme Passion. Think Tree of Life or EL&IC (Though hopefully not as egregious as the latter. :lol:)

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1