Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

That was fun. Even though I can't stand CRASH it was hilarious seeing the reactions and by that time I was bored of seeing Brokeback Mountain win every single award out there. :lol:

Even Jack Nicholson was like "God DAYUM!" when he was giving out the awardI'd say the Oscars are my biggest guilty pleasure, really

It normally is, especially last year watching ADF bitching about Maramania. But, I've got so many horses in the race this year, especially with Foreign Language standing a seriously chance of getting a BP nom that I've gotten ridiculously involved. Plus, this year everything I've supported so far has been doing fine in the precursors that they're all in fairly good shape come Oscar morning. In previous years most films I've supported have been killed fairly early on so that by Oscar morning there might be only one or two films that I support that still are alive.

I'll say this again: dont take it so seriously. Remember, they're just irrelevant golden awards being passed to fabulous millionaires

I'm gonna plug my nose, and try not to barf as I predict Wallis for BA. Since 2006, no NBR breakthrough actress winner has missed. (unless there are ties) and guess which barf worthy performance won this year? Wallis. :(

I'm gonna plug my nose, and try not to barf as I predict Wallis for BA. Since 2006, no NBR breakthrough actress winner has missed. (unless there are ties) and guess which barf worthy performance won this year? Wallis. :(

*tries not to start ranting* Weeeeeeeeeeelll, I thought Wallis was a revelation in Beasts. She was exceptionally natural in front of the camera, and she carried the movie with a strong performance. I think.

*tries not to start ranting* Weeeeeeeeeeelll, I thought Wallis was a revelation in Beasts. She was exceptionally natural in front of the camera, and she carried the movie with a strong performance. I think.

She didn't even give a performance IMO. She just acted like a child, and then did exactly step by step what Zeitlin told her to. It was completely, absolutely, and resolutely shaped by the director.

Wasnt a fan of the movie but wallis was sensational. Her and the girl from moonrise would be my breakthroughs

Alicia Vikander is my breakthrough. Her work in Anna Karenina, and A Royal Affair was revelationary.

Wallis did a splendid job in Beasts, because I for one never saw the director being a puppetmaster for her. Sometimes you see child actors and you can obviously tell they're just reading their lines from a piece of paper held by a crew member. Or sometimes you see they're just trying to remember what to do next.I never got that with Wallis. As I said, she was absolutely natural in front of the camera, and she's a proper actressI think.

FINAL PRE-NOMINATION RANKINGSThe frontrunners1. Lincoln (--)2. Argo (up 2)3. Zero Dark Thirty (--)The possible spoilers4. Life of Pi (up 2)5. Les Misérables (down 3)Near locks for noms6. Silver Linings Playbook (down 1)7. Django Unchained (--)Solid chances for noms8. Beasts of the Southern Wild (--)9. The Master (--)----------------------------------------------------10. Moonrise Kingdom (--)11. Amour (--)Longshots12. The Impossible (--)13. Skyfall (up 3)14. Flight (down 1)15. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel

Final Predictions for nominees- unlike most people, I actually think the love is spread around alot due to it being a great year and the lack of consensus. I see a high number of nominees.Argo Beasts of the Southern WildDjango UnchainedLes MisLife of PiLincolnThe MasterMoonrise KingdomSilver LiningsZero Dark ThirtyIf something gets knocked out and replaced, either Marigold or Skyfall will replace it. I have a sickening feeling the best movie of the year, Django, may get snubbed.