Impact

2012 Best Picture Thread

Lol I love these statements with no basis, support the claim please

Um, did you see the BAFTA nominations? They went crazy for the movie. Ben Affleck for Best Actor!? Snubbing Spielberg? I don't want Argo to win by any means but it certainly appears to be in at the very least third place behind Lincoln and ZDT. Edited by Sims

Um, did you see the BAFTA nominations? They went crazy for the movie. Ben Affleck for Best Actor!? Snubbing Spielberg? I don't want Argo to win by any means but it certainly appears to be in at the very least third place behind Lincoln and ZDT.

I'm still not sure what to make of that Spielberg snub, but Affleck in Actor was the only unexpected Argo nomination. There's always a WTF only at the BAFTAs nom in acting each year that doesn't mean anything in the end. This year it's obviously Affleck.

Um, did you see the BAFTA nominations? They went crazy for the movie. Ben Affleck for Best Actor!? Snubbing Spielberg? I don't want Argo to win by any means but it certainly appears to be in at the very least third place behind Lincoln and ZDT.

So what, the British don't decide who wins. Most of the time they go with the majority of other film award groups.

Heres who will win the OscarsBEST PICTURE: LincolnBEST ACTOR: Daniel Day-Lewis for LincolnBEST ACTRESS: Jessica Chastain for ZDTBEST DIRECTOR: Steven Spielberg for LincolnBEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Tommy Lee Jones for LincolnBEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Anne Hathaway for Les MiserablesBEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Django UnchainedBEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: LincolnBEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Life of PIBEST EDITING: ArgoBEST ART DIRECTION: LincolnBEST COSTUMES: Anna KareninaBEST ORIGINAL SCORE: Life of PiBEST ORIGINAL SONG: BraveBEST SOUND MIXING: SkyfallBEST SOUND EDITING: Life of PiBEST SFX: Life of PiBEST MAKEUP: LincolnEpic Lincoln sweep with 7 Oscars

Heres who will win the OscarsBEST PICTURE: LincolnBEST ACTOR: Daniel Day-Lewis for LincolnBEST ACTRESS: Jessica Chastain for ZDTBEST DIRECTOR: Steven Spielberg for LincolnBEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Tommy Lee Jones for LincolnBEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Anne Hathaway for Les MiserablesBEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY: Django UnchainedBEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY: LincolnBEST CINEMATOGRAPHY: Life of PIBEST EDITING: ArgoBEST ART DIRECTION: LincolnBEST COSTUMES: Anna KareninaBEST ORIGINAL SCORE: Life of PiBEST ORIGINAL SONG: BraveBEST SOUND MIXING: SkyfallBEST SOUND EDITING: Life of PiBEST SFX: Life of PiBEST MAKEUP: LincolnEpic Lincoln sweep with 7 Oscars

NO WAY! :P

I'm still not sure what to make of that Spielberg snub, but Affleck in Actor was the only unexpected Argo nomination. There's always a WTF only at the BAFTAs nom in acting each year that doesn't mean anything in the end. This year it's obviously Affleck.

I've always thought Affleck was excellent in Argo. I like that nomination as well. I too think Argo is the frontrunner this year.

If I had to make my guesses now, it would be:Best picture: ArgoBest director: Ben AffleckBest Actor: CooperBest Actress: ChastainBest S Actor: Leo DiCaprioBest S Actress: HathawayBest orignal Screenplay: DjangoBest Adapted: LincolnBest Cinematography: ArgoBest Editing: ZDT

Am I the only one to notice the lack of new fresh blood at the Oscars this year or is it alaways like this ?All Oscar movies are made by respected filmmakers who already won or at least got nominated.Affleck is the only Oscar virgin.Where is the new generation ???

Edited by The Futurist