#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

i wish i could have gone tonight omg. the experience looks so fun. i mean i saw JW, TA, AOU, IM3, DH2, CF, THG, etc on OW but it was always a mid-day show so not particularly busy. the last movie i had a crazy OW experience with was shrek 2 (ironically mid-day) when my family had to drive around town from theater to theater to find a show because everywhere was sold out

1 minute ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

It's like a giant party here at the Chinese. Movie was supposed to start 15 minutes ago, and there's no sign of it starting anytime soon. 

So cool to see THAT movie at THAT theatre. All those iconic shots at the Chinese with long lines when the original opened in 1977.

Enjoy Tele.

• Like 3

Crazy night however my AMC24 handled it great.  The must have skipped showings because 2 hours before 7:00 all the 7-8 shows were available for seating.  Biggest line I experienced was the bar line.  However when we got out it was absolutely mayhem.  It looked like that had 20 of the 24 showing star wars.

I'll post my reactions to the movie itself in the proper forum however....

I had tears in my eyes when the familiar scroll came up and the 1st pan happened.

ANH has always been my all time favorite movie experience because I had never seen anything like it before.

With the opening of TFA awakens I had the same feelings that something special was going to happen like I did 35+ years ago. 

• Like 6

21 minutes ago, Darth AndyLL said:

Crazy night however my AMC24 handled it great.  The must have skipped showings because 2 hours before 7:00 all the 7-8 shows were available for seating.  Biggest line I experienced was the bar line.  However when we got out it was absolutely mayhem.  It looked like that had 20 of the 24 showing star wars.

I'll post my reactions to the movie itself in the proper forum however....

I had tears in my eyes when the familiar scroll came up and the 1st pan happened.

ANH has always been my all time favorite movie experience because I had never seen anything like it before.

With the opening of TFA awakens I had the same feelings that something special was going to happen like I did 35+ years ago.  

And this is why TFA will run for a loooooong time. 

• Like 1