#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

7 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

I don't understand the people who will see the film several times the same day, or even the day after. I'm a gigantic fan too, and I just don't get it. How can you enjoy it fully if you don't let it stew a bit, sit on it, think about it, reflect on it. I saw it two days ago, and am waiting for next thursday to see it in 2D (only 3D showings so far), and then in laser projection on sunday. 

That way, it's not completely fresh in my mind, I've had time to think about it, forget some stuff and that will make the second and subsequent viewings that much better. I mean, to each his own, but that seems like such a waste.

It's a combination of loving a movie and franchise (ala Star Wars or Batman or whatever, etc) and it being an event like experience.  Some friends and I took the day off and are catching a 3 o'clock show, then grabbing dinner and some drinks, and then catching an 1030 show! Excellent day of movies and laughs and hanging with friends, etc.

3 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

How can u watch a movie twice in the same day?

Easy. Because u love it that much.

See, Baumer gets it ?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It's called having my own brain & opinion. I'm allowed to judge it however I want, thanks though. Movie will be out until summer next year so other than beating spoilers, paying to see it more than once (or more) in 12-24 hours is really funny to me.

You can have your opinion, but judging other people for their preferences when they aren't hurting you is a kinda dick move. But I'm not really surprised to hear it coming from you.

Edited by Jayhawk the Hutt
  • Like 6

Just now, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

You can have your opinion, judging other people for their preferences when they aren't hurting you is a kinda dick move. But I'm not really surprised to hear it coming from you.

Judging people? Lol please. Stop being so sensitive. It's a dick move to have an opinion on repeat viewing that isn't the same as yours? Ok I'm a dick then. Proud of it.

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Judging people? Lol please. Stop being so sensitive. It's a dick move to have an opinion on repeat viewing that isn't the same as yours? Ok I'm a dick then. Proud of it.

No, it was that you were laughing at people for doing it. You made it sound like there was something wrong with them. Who cares?

TFA should be less frontloaded than HP8.

Harry Potter 8 was incredible popular but all forms of media weren't obsessing over it 24/7 like TFA.

Lots of people are going to wait till Saturday and Sunday to see it to avoid the craziness of OD not to mention repeat viewings which will be massive.

The long lines and sellouts aren't going to magically stop after Friday. This will be a must see event for non-fanboys who are early adopters (think iphones) or people who want to stay current/relevant.

I don't see how this misses JW's Saturday and Sunday numbers by a wide margin.

230 m OW is the floor. 

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Baumer Fett said:

Hey I am going to watch this twice and I have only seen 4 films in theaters this year.

I am the complete opposite of a crazed cinema goer.

Edited by Lordmandeep

9 minutes ago, passerby said:

The disney marketing and hype train is so crazy! Like no other! With them owning ABC, ESPN, the way America vacations, it's like they control every angle. And can fine-tune the marketing like no other.

I really am surprised that they didn't buy Hasbro.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jayhawk the Hutt said:

No, it was that you were laughing at people for doing it. You made it sound like there was something wrong with them. Who cares?

Its a difference in opinion on what's excessive, you have your right to do & support whatever you want. Just as I have a right to think people who don't have patience after they've already seen a movie so recently is FUNNY & it makes me chuckle.

I wish I could see it 2-3 times today.  I have to wait until 3 pm tomorrow to see it at all :ohmyzod:

For me I don't understand what is silly about going to an event multiple times that you love and enjoy.  Lots of people like to get away go in a theatre and see a film on a screen that isn't available to them at home.  There is something special about the lights going down in a theatre for many cinema fans. Also experiencing it with a different crowd and possibly taking someone else who hasn't seen it is a blast-not too mention a great excuse to have some popcorn ;)

This would go for any movie- but especially this one.  A massive movie event that we may never see the likes of again.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I'm seeing TFA again for the second time in IMAX on Saturday.

And a third time with family on Monday. ;)

I'm legit jealous. Boeing IMAX is sold out on this one thru next year already.

If you're ever in the Seattle area, I'll front for Cinerama or Boeing IMAX. It'd be a blast.

Ugh...where am I gonna go to see it again? Gotta get at least RPX -.-

Anecdotal evidence I know, but of the 5 people in my group every single person wants to see it again ASAP. 9/10, 10/10 across the board. Film got a standing ovation in my small as hell screening. I hate tiny theaters >.<

• Like 1