baumer

Star Wars Tuesday - 37.3M (Tele/baumer bet for Wednesday drop is on page 24...much to learn one of them still has)

3 hours ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Actually he complained a lot about JW as well. He is pretty much a curmudgeon with these big movies, but he has really showed his ass over the last week. 

LOL I'm sure I missed it. I only noticed this because he wrote that article back in October after pre sales hit.

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

East coast is going to see 70*. This winter is very mild so far nationally overall due to El Niño.

Here it's the same, way too warm, especially for my (mountain-near) region.

But a first snow... usually means more accidents, as people have to adjust to the new since many months ~ situation. I always hope for as less accidents as possible and avalanches I really do not like at all, too difficult to predict.

19 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Exhibitor Relations ‏@ERCboxoffice

Sony is offering free tickets to NFL players to go see CONCUSSION--How about High School football players and their families instead...?

Right? 

Now the Manning family can breathe a sigh of relief that they can afford to go see Concussion this Holiday season. :P

• Like 2

2 hours ago, VenomXXR said:

I have a question for more knowledgeable box office trackers.

Is there a particular reason you think Star Wars didn't beat out Jurassic World for Friday proper or Saturday? Originally I thought it was due to the insane previews number but then Sunday beat the record by $3 million and the weekdays are blowing away the previous records. I know Saturday was a shopping day but Sunday was as well and it didn't have any trouble there (plus Sunday is church and the NFL). Any thoughts?

Yes shopping affected it combined with the holiday week to follow that would prompt people to see it later in the week. Monday-wed is higher in part for the reason just explained, and you have both kids and some adults with the week off.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

She went from every adolescent boy's fantasy in ROTJ to something out of the Mines of Moria in SW7

i kid i kid

I think Fisher looked decent for her age, but I don't know what's up with that voice. I was afraid her vocal chords might collapse at any moment. I'd hate to hear what her attempt at a scream sounds like. 

Why do some of you ask if there are any early Wednesday numbers? If there were do you not think we would post them by now lol. This is only the most exciting time for the box office in probably 20 years.

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think Fisher looked decent for her age, but I don't know what's up with that voice. I was afraid her vocal chords might collapse at any moment. I'd hate to hear what her attempt at a scream sounds like. 

Years of smoking combined with years of substance abuse. 

• Like 7